Chapter 22

Chapter 22: I don't like my birthday!

My eyes fluttered open. It was Thursday. That means it was my birthday. Yeah! I sat up in bed and the smell of pancakes immediately filled my nose.

Jessie always did that for me on my birthday. He would make me pancakes that were really good. He only cooked them on my birthday because he was just so lazy.

After I got ready, I went downstairs to see the fluffy pancakes sitting on a plate for me.

"There she is. My baby sister's seventeen." Jessie wrapped me in a hug. I chuckled in his chest.

"Yes I am and now I'm going to eat my pancakes." I had a good feeling about this birthday. I know I said it wasn't a big deal but, I was really feeling good today.

Once we finished eating, Jessie drove me to school. I made my way to my locker and opened it. Immediately a smile appeared on my face. Inside my locker was a huge plush panda bear.

"Jackson." I whispered to myself. He knew I loved stuffed animals plus this one was huge which mad wit even better. I took it out and gave it a squeeze. I found the tag and opened it. It said,

Happy Birthday Marshmallow! I hope you like my Panda. Love Jay.

"You like my gift?" I turned around and gave Jackson a bear hug but it was difficult to because I was holding the panda.

"Thank you so much Jackson. I absolutely adore it and because your gift is so awesome, I'll name it after you." I smiled at him.

He put his hand over his heart. "I'm touched." We both laughed.

We started to walk to homeroom when Peyton approached us. "Hey guys. Jackson, you mind if I steal Corey from you?" He asked.

Jackson shrugged. "She's yours after all." Jackson ruffled my hair before walking off.

The way he said 'she's yours'. It made me feel something inside, but I really didn't know what it was.

"Happy Birthday, doll." He gave me a hug and squeezed me a little.

"Thanks." I smiled at him. He then pulled out a red box from out of his pocket.

Holy shit.......

"This is for you." He smiled as he handed it over to me. I Couldn't help but blush as I took the box from out of this hands.

When I opened it, I was faced with a necklace with a golden butterfly on it; and it had little diamonds on the sides. It looked really pretty. I can't believe he got me something this beautiful.

"Oh my gosh..." I whispered.

"I hope you like it. You are my butterfly after all." He leaned in and kissed me lips slowly. God he felt so good....

After about a minute, that felt like forever, we broke apart and he smiled at me.

"I love it. Thank you." I hugged him. "I'll see you at lunch okay?" He nodded at me. I kissed his cheek and made my way to homeroom. There goes that warm feeling....

As I entered, I skipped to where Jackson was sitting. He had my Panda with him. "Guess what Peyton got me?" I chirped.

"Donuts?" He rose his eyebrow at me. Donuts? I guess I was acting a little jumpy.

"No. Lookie." I showed him the necklace. His eyes widened at the view.

"Wow. He must be loaded." I rolled my eyes at him. This birthday was not bad at all.