Chapter 10

Chapter 10: I don't like basketball

I woke up the next day really tired. I stayed up thinking about yesterday.
Even more questions ran through my mind. Was that the Peyton Aiden was talking about? Why were they fighting? How do they even know each other? I told myself it's none of my business and I should just forget about it. I got my contacts back so after I got ready for school, I switched my glasses for my contacts. It turns out Jackson was sick so he wasn't going to be in school for a while. Great. I went downstairs and proceeded with my everyday routine with Jessie. Today we talked about the difference between VS and Pink. I don't know why. We're so weird.

********************

I was in the hallway again at my locker when everyone was at lunch. Only this time, there was no Aiden. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned and saw Peyton approaching me.

"Hey Corey. Ready for our lunch date?" He smiled.

Lunch date? What is he talk-

Oh God, I totally forgot about that.

I guess Peyton saw the expression on my face because he chuckled. "It's okay if you forgot. We can just go tomorrow."

"No it's fine. We can still go today."

"Okay." He smiled again. "Let's go."

We drove in his car all the way to an ice cream shop across town. I love ice cream. When we went inside, we approached the counter.

"What kind of ice cream do you want?" Peyton asked me. I told him cookie dough. I love cookie dough. I refuse to have ice cream if it's not cookie dough.

Soon we were sitting at a table and eating our ice cream.

"So, how comes I never seen you at school. I'm pretty sure I would remember a face like yours."

I blushed and looked down at my ice cream. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face at the cheesy line. I don't get complimented a lot. Hearing this coming from a guy as cute as Peyton made me blush even more.

"I dont know. I don't really stick out much."

"You got something there." He reached out and wiped the corner of my mouth and licked his fingers. My face felt hot and he just smiled at me.

Once me and Peyton arrived back to school, we entered through the front doors. "I'll guess I'll see you later." I smiled at him.

"Yeah." He leaned down a placed a kiss on the corner of my mouth, lasting longer than I expected. He turned around and then walked away.

My body was stiff and I couldn't talk. Why did this always happen? I fiannly managed to move and headed to my next class.

***********
Me and Jessie we're currently playing basketball in our backyard. So far the score was 7-9. He said I just got lucky. Jessie's phone rang,
"Ooo...Bianca's calling." I rolled my eyes. Bianca was his girlfriend that I thought was very stuck up. He answered his phone then went inside. I continued to make free throws with the basketball until someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned and saw Aiden. He was watching me with amusement on his face.

"You know for a hobbit, you can play." He made his way over to me.

"How do you managed to be rude and nice at the same time?"