Chapter 35

Chapter 35: I don't like playing with fire

I looked up and saw Peyton approaching the table with our drinks. "Here you go, doll." He placed my coffee in front of me.

I smiled at him. "Thanks."

"He sat down in front of me and and took a sip of his coffee. "So, any idea what you want to do on Thursday?"

I leaned forward and thought about it. "I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever you have planned." I told him.

He smiled at me. "Why are you so amazing?" I shrugged.

"What should I wear anyway? I don't want to show up in jeans if you take me to this fancy restaurant." I told him.

"It's okay. I'm sure you'll be fine in anything. You always are anyway."

"You're so cheesy." I rolled my eyes at him.

"But you love it, though." He winked at me.

"No, I don't." I said playfully. He rose his eyebrow and stood up from his seat.

I raised my eyebrow as he made his way over to me and crouched down until his mouth was near my ear.

"You sure about that?" He whispered. He was trying to tease me and sure enough, it was working. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and put his nose in my neck.

"Peyton, people are starting to stare." I whispered to him as he tickled me with his nose against my skin.

"Good. Now people will know that your mine." He mumbled.

I looked and saw that there was a group of boys with a certain expression on their faces. They looked jealous at Peyton and how he got to hold me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're terrible." He picked his head up and kissed my temple.

"Only for you." He told me before offering one of his million dollar smiles.

****************************

"I have to study for my English test and then I have an advanced algebra quiz fourth period. I'm already failing two other classes and I'm extremely exhausted." Jackson rambled while we walked down the empty hallway.

Everyone else was at lunch. If you haven't noticed by now, me and Jackson like to take advantage of the silent halls during lunch. It was the only time we could get some peace and quiet.

I reached out and pinched his cheeks. "You poor thing. I can help you study after school." I told him.

He took his arm and pulled me into a sideways hug; that was in fact crushing every bone in my body. "Thanks, Marshmallow. You're the best."

"Get.....off me." I grunted, while I was still squished into his side. He laughed and then let go.

"So, you still didn't tell me why you didn't answer my calls yesterday. I was literally drowning in mathematics and you couldn't even pick up the damn phone to help your best friend." Jackson shook his head at me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "I was with Peyton." I said simply. Jackson made a face. The same face Aiden would make anytime I mentioned Peyton. I don't like that face.