Chapter 23

Chapter 23: I don't like nightmares

I was currently at Aiden's house. I shouldn't want to be here but I am. I should feel guilty, but I don't. A part of me wants to be here with Aiden; even though I don't know why he wants me here in the first place. However, I already missed Cookie. She was so cute.

It was about ten at night and I was sitting we were sitting on a couch that was in his room. Before we even turned on the TV, we argued over what to watch. Eventually we settled for a random comedy. My mom said it was okay that I can sleep over a 'friends' house. I couldn't tell him it was Aiden because I'd never hear the end of it. Sure it was Aiden, but Aiden was a boy. So yeah....

Once the movie we were watching ended, Aiden turned to me. "Ready for bed?" Ready for bed... My face heated up and I bit my lip.

"Um......yeah." He saw the uncertainty in my face.

"It's okay, Corey. I won't touch you or make any moves or anything. I promise." He didn't seem like he was lying. His voice seemed sincere.

Was it possible that the Soft Aiden had returned to me? I still don't know what triggers him to bring that side out. He was so frustrating. Everything about the past two weeks have been frustrating. I just wanted to understand.

"Wouldn't this be considered as cheating." I asked him. "I would be cheating on Peyton?" He thought about it while shifting on his feet.

I didn't want to cheat on Peyton. To be honest, I don't even know why I said yes. A part of me wanted to come and stay with Aiden. I feel like I should be feeling guilty and should regret that feeling, but I didn't. Why didn't I regret it?!

"I wouldn't say it would be cheating. It's not like we're having sex or something." Yeah, the soft Aiden was back. He would usually tease me after a comment like that, but he didn't. My face also heated up thinking about me and Aiden actually having sex.

"Alright. If you say so." Aiden went to the dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and sweatpants. He handed them to me.

"You'll be more comfortable in these." I took them with a smile.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He ruffled my hair. I went into the bathroom to change.

When I came back into the room, Aiden was already laying down. I joined him and soon, we were facing each other; sort of like last week.

"You alright?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Just confused."

"About what?" I was confused about a lot of things. I still didn't know why Aiden hates Peyton. Just because Peyton hated him doesn't mean he has to hate Peyton. And I know that's not the case because of when we were locked in the school last week. They obviously had something between them that they weren't telling me.

Also, I was confused about the feelings I've been having lately. When someone mentions that me and Peyton are dating, it makes me feel weird; like I'm doing something wrong. But it's different when they say something about me and Aiden. It makes me blush and my face gets hot. It's like my head says it should be this way, but my heart is feeling something different. I didn't even understand it.

I was confused why Aiden even wanted me here to stay with him. I was confused why I even said yes.

"Why do you want me to stay here with you?" I asked him.