Takeout

"Hey, I'm going to buy Chinese takeout. You want anything?" Dean lowered his head and raised his eyebrows at Castiel who sat on the floor doing his homework. He had been procrastinating all week on an essay due for his English class; The topic was to write a biography on a person you personally knew- which meant Castiel sadly couldn't write about Elvis.

"I'm picky." Castiel responded blankly, not looking up from his blank sheet of paper.

"Well then don't be picky. Just say yes or no." Dean complained then narrowed his eyes at the frustrated teen.

"I can't just not be picky," he finally glanced up at Dean with an annoyed facial expression.

"Fine. Come with me, it's not that far."

"Is that even allowed?" Castiel snickered.

"Who cares?"

"Jody." Castiel scoffed, trying to focus on his homework again.

"We're going out to buy food- you know so we don't starve. It's not like we're stealing booze."

Castiel dropped what he was doing and glared at Dean's pathetic joke, "really?"

"Kidding. I'm kidding, c'Mon." Dean laughed at the glaring teen as he aimlessly hit Dean's side on the way out the door. With crossed arms, he walked alongside the officer.

"What's stressing you out so much?" Dean muttered once they sat inside the police vehicle.

"A stupid English paper, it's due in two days. I have to write a biography on someone I know, but I sorta have no one to write about," Castiel glanced at the officer who turned on the ignition.

"A friend?" Dean suggested, eyes glued to the road as he drove. Castiel leaned back in the seat and decided not to reply- he was too embarrassed to say he had none.

"You could write about me?" Dean sarcastically said, smiling like an idiot.

"Dean, can I write a biography about you?" Castiel asked seriously and turned to face him. The officer nearly yelled, "What? No! I was joking."

"Please, I need someone to write about." He begged like a five year old and repeatedly hit Dean's shoulder.

"Look, kid, my life isn't worth being written." Dean raised his voice then shook his head.
Cas stopped gave up instantly and stared out the window, ignoring the awkward silence until Dean turned on the radio and began singing terribly.

"Please don't." The teenager complained, trying to turn off the radio.

"Don't touch the radio. Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole." Dean slapped his hand away.

"Ow, fine. If it makes you happy." He scoffed and tried his best to ignore Dean's bad singing. Despite the singing, the rest of the car ride was nice. The only times Castiel went somewhere was either Home, School, or the station. He hadn't been out ever since he stopped talking to Meg; in an odd way, he missed her. Castiel slouched in his seat, staring out the window again, "Can I ask you something?"

Winchester stopped singing and hummed instead, nodding in response to the teen.

"Why don't you ever talk about yourself? You know, besides your work." Castiel questioned quietly, afraid Dean wouldn't answer. Seconds later Dean turned down the music and gaped over at Castiel who stared at him with unexcitable blue eyes.

"There's nothing to talk about." Dean's eyebrows knitted together in frustration.

"Dean." Castiel complained dully.

"Why? Why is it so important?" Dean glanced back and forth between the road and Castiel.

"I just- I don't know, you never talk about yourself."

"If I say yes to letting you do the whole essay thing, will it you shut up?" Dean forced a fake smile then rolled his eyes as he pulled into the parking.

"No." Castiel closed his eyes and chuckled.

"You're stubborn as hell." Dean exhaled as he exited the car. Castiel's heart sped up for some odd reason when he said that. He climbed out of the vehicle, trailing behind the officer, "Will you please say yes? I really need to do this assignment and I...I have no friends."

"Damn it Cas, fine. But my life ain't no movie, it's more like a scary story."

"How come?" Cas crossed his arms while Dean held the door open for him.

"Well for starters, my dad- he was an asshole. My mom died when my brother was a baby and I haven't seen him since I was.. I don't know, 18?"

"Oh."

"He moved to California, to become a lawyer. I'm stuck here."

"You haven't gone to visit him?" Castiel awkwardly asked as he sat at one of the tables.

"We're not close, it would be weird." Dean shrugged, staring down at him.

"You should." Castiel replied quickly and smiled softly before Dean walked away to order for them. They agreed to eat there, so Cas could 'interview' him.

The restaurant was empty, just them two. Castiel liked it- it was a small place with comfy seats and faded orange walls. He sat slouched in the seat then turned his head, watching Dean run his mouth. Cas smiled, he could hear Dean contemplating out loud on if he should get orange chicken or kung pao chicken. Now that Castiel thought about it, he realized he did have a friend- his name is Dean Winchester.

"Couldn't choose between which chicken so I got both." Dean mumbled while approaching their table. He raised an eyebrow as Castiel smiled to himself.

"Jeez kid, I was gone for like four minutes, what happened to you?" Dean laughed then sat down.

"What. Is it suddenly illegal to smile?" He rolled his eyes at Dean and yawned into his sleeve. They waited impatiently for their food, and once it was placed in front of them they ate like animals.

"Do you ever get bored of being a cop?" Castiel asked before swallowing a spoonful of rice. Dean thought about it for a second then answered, "Yeah, sometimes. You ever get tired of being a teenager?"

"Yes, actually." He chimed enthusiastically. It was true, Cas acted much older than his age and sometimes he wished time would catch up to him. Meanwhile Cas had no idea, but Dean had grown up too fast as well, he had no choice. After his mother's death, he needed to take the responsibility of raising Sam since his father became an abusive alcoholic.

"So, tell me. Who are you Dean Winchester? The real Dean, the one I need to write about." The boy spoke almost in a whisper as Dean nodded.

"God, I feel like I'm on Oprah." He sighed over dramatically then they both laughed.