The taste of you

It's chilly on that New Year's eve night, Castiel and Dean were standing hand in hand in their hotel elevator

It's chilly on that New Year's eve night, Castiel and Dean were standing hand in hand in their hotel elevator. So much excitement hung in the air that day, considering the New Year was so close. Excitement compassed Castiel's kind heart. He remembered just how overcrowded the streets were with people, the majority of them walking towards Times Square to snag a good spot for tonight. Their joyful faces said it all—full of adrenaline and happiness. The city was alive.

"Did I mention earlier that you look awfully cute?" In the midst of all thinking, Dean brushed his calloused finger tips against Castiel's hand to get his attention and it worked. The blue eyed boy gaped up at him, a look of adoration instantly crossing Dean's face. Castiel's face split into a sheepish grin, the acceleration of his heart rate having everything to do with Dean's instantaneous compliment. He let his body lean in closer, so there wasn't space left in between them, "Yeah, twice actually."

A chuckle escaped Dean; it's husky yet soft, like a crashing wave on a stormy day. Castiel bit his bottom lip just a little as he stared at Dean—recalling just how much this boy meant to him. He was unfailingly beautiful and didn't know it, however apart from his looks, Dean was kindhearted. Always putting others first. Wether it was Castiel himself, family, or the few friends he had. Dean was too perfect and Castiel's admiration for him was deep seated and ever lasting.

"Words can't describe how much I love you." Castiel hummed, still lost in his boyfriends eyes as they walked up to their hotel room. He swallowed hard, wondering how Dean would react later tonight when he told him he wanted to make love. For a few days now the same thought nagged him and there wasn't much else to say about it, because the feeling in his heart was difficult to put into words. All he could say was he was ready to reach this new level with Dean. He wanted to experience the passion; the slow raw intensity of being one with Dean.

"You make me feel like a princess." Castiel laughed at him, instantly shoving him to the side as they entered their room.

"Hey. C'mere." Dean complained and reached for his boyfriend's waist. A lazy giggle came from Castiel as he desperately threw his arms around Dean's neck. They rocked back and forth, Dean's calloused fingers massaging the small of his back.

His entire body relaxed against him. For long now he'd grown accustomed to the feeling of being held by Dean. Their skin touching, being so close they could feel each each others hearts pounding against one another. That wasn't something he could lose, ever.
"You're so beautiful and I'm so lucky to have you," Dean whispered so Castiel could feel the warmth of his breath in his ear.

"You're so cheesy," The streetlights golden glimmer shone through the blinds and onto Dean's tanned skin. Castiel's eyes, as deep as the heart of the sea, settled on the freckled boy's lips. Butterflies filled his stomach as he nervously pulled away, "you should probably shower now so we're not in a rush later."

"Is this your way of telling me I stink?" Dean raised a brow. Another low giggle coming from Castiel, "You smell fine, Dean. I sorta want to nap."