Kiss, Kiss, Kiss

Today, Dean was late to work. Really late, in fact, it was 3:00 PM and he was supposed to be there at 7:00 AM. Not only had he slept in, but he also forgot to call in late. There were more than plenty of missed calls from Jody and the second he walked through the two double doors she was standing there.
Dean of course explained yesterday's entire dilemma and they continued on with their day.

But seconds after Dean began walking to his office he noticed Castiel was in the back of the room by the copy machine.

The officer suddenly felt butterflies spiraling inside his stomach- he thought of Saturday. It was bothering him just as much as it made him feel euphoric, because he had a crush. The way his mind painted a relationship between them made it seem so perfect, and he wanted it that way, but in reality everything could go wrong.

All the while Castiel was hoping there was a chance between them. Because Dean treated him like he wasn't a kid, despite calling him that frequently. They understood each other, literally he was the only other person in Dean's life who he had opened up to.

The blue eyed boy was occupied, pushing buttons on the machine and thinking about Dean. He grabbed the stack of copies he'd just made, turned around, and saw Dean Winchester staring straight at him. Of course.

Color flourished on his cheeks, so thank god Dean had entered his office by then or else he would've seen him blushing.

Castiel wanted to melt. If it was anyone else looked at him that way he would drop his gaze in an instant, but not with Dean. He drew him in closer.
With a large sigh the teen held his head up high and the stack of papers close to his chest. He wondered why Dean had been late today, and was eager to ask him.

The soft glimmer of his eyes made Dean's heartbeat speed up the moment he stepped into the room, "Whoa, what happened to your face??"

The bleeding gash Dean had on his forehead yesterday was now stitched up and quite bruised. That wasn't the only bruised area on his face and It made Castiel grimace.

"I got in a fight with my dad. Trust me, he looks worse." The officer tried to lighten up the subject and succeeded by making him laugh.

"Well I'm glad you're okay, does it hurt?" Castiel asked as he set the copies on his desk just then.

"A bit I guess."

"Did you clean your stitches?" Nope. Dean shook his head. He knew he should've that morning, but there were so many distractions.

"Where's your first aid kit?" Castiel asked as the officer mentally complained. He pointed towards a cabinet by his door. Castiel took the box and walked to the desk– he sat himself on it in front of Dean as casual as possible, but he felt the heat rise to his cheeks after Dean looked up at him.

This was definitely bringing back memories from his dream. Castiel snapped his eyes away from Dean's, knowing that if he continued to stare directly at him, he'd become a blushing mess once again.

"Did you make the right copies?" Dean asked randomly while the blue eyed boy softly tended to the wound, "Yes."

"Are you sure? Because they don't look right." Dean raised an eyebrow.

"Well, look again."

"You should do this when you get home. Twice a day with antibiotic treatment and bandage it." Castiel leaned a bit closer.

"I know that, I don't need another lecture. I've had way too many since yesterday."

"I would've given you one earlier. What were you thinking, fighting him?" With a slight head shake from the teen, Dean replied, "I wasn't thinking– I was angry. How was I supposed to feel? Happy? That my so called father, also former convict, had just come home to say Hey kids it's daddy!"