Lovely

"I think you got the wrong house

"I think you got the wrong house."

"Mmm, home of the little shit dating my unfortunate offspring of a son? 'M pretty damn sure i'm in the right house." The man—John—nearly shouted as he took a step closer. Castiel didn't want to stare but his eyes kept flicking to the man's face, so sinister, so similar to Dean. It made his head spin.

"Aren't you currently a wanted criminal?" He murmured.

"Indeed I am, so what about it?" John's heavy voice softly rose. He gazed ruthlessly at the teenage boy.

Despite being terrified, Castiel forced a scowl, "The police will show up faster than you know it, they're only a phone call away."

The man inched his way even closer to him, the malicious gleam in his eyes capturing the crazy string of raging emotions he had pent up inside, "You mean Dean's only a phone call away...You really gonna call my son? Do you really want to piss me off?"

Castiel paused, "what do you want."

John had no remorse, every carefully spoken word railed against the teenage boy and was pushing him over the edge. The absent father carried himself with so much pride from past hardships that it was sickening. Whatever his intentions were, they were undoubtedly going to hurt Dean one way or another and Castiel couldn't have that. Even if it meant doing something that hurts himself more.

"Many things, but mostly your help. Like you said, I'm a criminal, so I need a guide out of here. Eyes on the inside to make sure I don't get busted."

John wanted to disappear from Kansas, since there was nothing left for him there. His "family" loathed him on sight, but it no longer hurt, it encouraged his vengeance and determination to find Sam—wherever he was. Of course, Castiel could truly never understand what Sam or Dean had gone through as kids, but just seeing and feeling John's disparaging presence was terrible. That alone was enough to leave his heart caving in on itself.

"What makes you think I'll help you?" Castiel grimaced.

"Dean. Even when hates me, he never learns to stay away." John hummed and Castiel inhaled sharply, a father wouldn't hurt his son. Would he? Of course John would, he's done it before—but who knows how far he'd go?

"Are you threatening me with your own sons life?"

"Either that or your parents, maybe both."

This couldn't be happening. Castiel looked at the bearded man through wide red-rimmed eyes. If he agreed to help then he risked being an accessory to a crime, potentially losing his boyfriend's trust if he found out, or worst of all—losing him completely. His mouth slightly opened, without will power left to filter himself he cried out, "you're so fucking sick."

"Don't you speak to me that way." John snarled.

"You don't deserve him..." Castiel trembled, professing the raw emotion raving in his heart, "—you don't deserve Sam. You didn't deserve—"

Mary...

"Just gonna stop you right there before you say something you'll regret. Don't give me a reason to bury you in the ground with your brothers."

Suddenly, Castiel's legs exploded into violent motion towards the stairs. He could hear mostly his own heart racing and loud breathing. Perhaps he could've made it into a room and locked the door, but John was too close behind him. A hand caught Castiel by the ankle.

There was a cry for help, but then he crashed onto the stairs. Hard.

"You're going to help me...one way or another."  There was no blood anywhere but everything hurt when John dragged him down the stairs. His pained wails brought John satisfaction and left Castiel with no hope for him stopping. He screamed.

_

From across the yard, Dean's sun kissed face flaunted a smile the size of his heart. And in his hands, carry out, from Tryyaki's Chinese restaurant; same as always. Castiel's favorite.

When Dean's heavy boots pattered up the door step and he knocked, he expected the door to fly open like it usually did. Followed by a batter of warm-hearted kisses from Castiel, but the house stood still. He'd showed up a little later than usual, but it shouldn't have been a problem. Patient yet eager, Dean knocked again—the sound of cold wood almost mocking him for waiting there.

Soon enough the door slowly cracked open and Dean's green eyes veered aimlessly at his boyfriend hiding behind the door. The officer smiled, "You know how to keep a guy waiting, don't you?"

Looking a mess with tousled hair and a dirty uniform, Dean still was the most beautiful man Castiel had ever seen. Always. "I..." Castiel yanked him forward by the hand, like the moon pulled a tide close to shore, and hugged him. Something about how desperate Castiel was to be held worried Dean. He snaked an arm around his boyfriend and pulled him close, gently massaging his back.

Despite the heaviness in his stomach, butterflies fluttered at the feeling of Castiel's body pressed against his, "Everything okay?"

"Yes." He faintly rasped.

Almost like Dean knew he was lying, his arm squeezed a fraction tighter and Castiel melted into him as every muscle lost its tension to the winter air. The warmth of Dean's touch somehow made everything warmer, " I missed you."

They pulled apart, enough for Dean to stare into his eyes, large, startled, and framed with thick wet lashes. Had he been crying?

"Your eyes are red.." Dean began. He hooked a finger into the waistband of Cas's jeans despite his disapproving tisk and frowned. Before an explanation could even form in his mouth, his heart started racing because no matter what, it would have to be a lie. He couldn't tell him about John, not knowing the threats held at stake.

Castiel leaned forward, "I tried cooking for you and it didn't go well."

Dean laughed. "That bad?"

"So fucking bad." He kissed him then, slow and languid. Touching him felt so good, but lying to him hurt. Feeling absolutely guilty, Cas broke the kiss. "Come inside."

Dean rubbed a hand along his boyfriend's cheek, guiding his mouth forward again. "Kiss me again," he whispered, sounding so full of conviction Cas almost believed the words were a prayer on his pink lips.
His temptations overran his guilt, so he inched forward to capture another kiss from Dean's soft lips. It tingled and suddenly he felt fuzzy from the love catering his heart.

If Dean's lips weren't such a distraction he would have had another breakdown by now. With Dean, he felt safe, but how long that would last?