Chap 1. Froot Loops and Fights

BEFORE YOU START: @janat1021 is my editor for this story so if you see her comments on sections leaving grammatical corrections, etc. JUST LET IT BE. It's for me, so please leave her alone because I asked her to do this and if I see any mean comments under her corrections, you will be blocked. Sorry for being so harsh but this has gone too far. Okay, thanks, and enjoy the story!!
***
Chap 1. Froot Loops and Fights

I felt my heart ram against my chest as I neared my school. I checked my reflection in the mirror one last time to make sure that everything was perfect. My long brown hair was pinned in a tight bun without a hair out of place. My makeup was perfectly balanced-not too much, not too little. There wasn't a single wrinkle to be seen on my clothes, which made me particularly happy because it was my favorite outfit: my Hogwarts t-shirt with shorts, a red flannel, and some black Vans. And for the icing on the cake, my nails were perfectly painted a pale pink color without a chip to be seen.

I smiled. This was going to be a great senior year.

"Did someone spike your Froot Loops, or are you just smiling like an idiot for fun?" My best friend Liam asked from the driver's seat. Liam had been my best friend since first grade when he punched a kid in the face for making fun of my glasses and ever since, we've been like brother and sister. We even looked like each other too with our deep brown hair, thick eyebrows, pale skin, and pink lips. We were even born on the same day. The only differences were our eyes, mine being a rich brown and his being a greeny-blue color and the fact that he's one of the most popular boys at our school while I had the biggest case of Antisocialitis. It was self-prescribed of course, but I'm 99.99% sure it was a real thing.

"Don't joke about my Froot Loops or you'll lose an eye." I threatened as he pulled into his usual parking spot from the last few years next to the rest of the Populars with their expensive looking sports cars.

"Hey," he said, bringing his hands up in surrender. "I just wanted to know so I could get in on it. It's boring around here and it'd totally brighten up my day if I could see some dancing penguins or ice skating unicorns," He said as a smile quickly spread across his face.

I playfully punched his arm. "You know, I haven't seen unicorns since I was in sixth grade,"I said as I grabbed my backpack from the backseat before I pulled open the door with him following soon after along with the satisfying chirp of the car as it locked.

"Oh, you mean the time when you 'mistook' your dad's glass of alcohol for water?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Exactly," I smiled. "Plus, he wasn't ice skating, he was break dancing." I corrected, causing him to playfully rolled his eyes.

"Same difference," he shrugged. "So, you ready for the first day back, Kit Kat?" he asked as he slung one arm around my shoulders and used the other to secure his backpack, but I was distracted by the girls we passed glaring at me, making me blush a bit at the attention. I guess I forgot that most of the girls at the school hate me because they think I'm dating Liam.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead a million times over.

"Hey Cat," he said, abruptly stopping, snapping me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked as I faced away from the girls and looked him in the eyes.

"I know they might be intimidating and rough looking, but remember what I told you last year," he said in a low, calming voice. "Don't pay attention to what they think about you. They don't know you like I do, you know that, right?"

I nodded.

"And what else did I say?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"If anyone messes with me you'll kick their butt," I said repeating the words he'd said way back in elementary school, a smile spreading across my face.