Epilogue

River's POV

My arms were aching as I willed the elevator to move faster. She was waiting for me. She needed me. And I wasn't going to leave her hanging.

I couldn't.

The doors had barely slid open before I forced myself through them and down the hall to the apartment door that hide the loves of my life from the world. I wasted no time grabbing my keys and jamming them into the door and shoving it open. Just as I did so, I heard, "Evelyn Marie, get back here!"

Just then, I saw our two year old little girl run in front of me fully naked with a giant smile on her adorable face. She giggled. "Come and get me mommy!"

She started running again, but fell, causing her to laugh again. I chuckled to myself before I closed the door behind me and gently set down the grocery bags I was carrying before I scooped her up in my arms. Her melodic giggles filled the air. "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" She squealed, looking up at me with her doe like eyes that matched her mother's. She'd gotten her best features from her mother; her eyes, her smile, her hair. The only thing she'd gotten from me was my stubbornness. Oh, and my dimples.

"Hey, baby girl," I smiled down at her before I kissed her round cheeks. "How is my princess doing?"

"I'm hiding from mommy. Help me hide from her before she finds me!"

I chuckled. "I would if I could, baby girl, but if I did then mommy would be after me too!"

Evelyn frowned. "Mommy's scary sometimes, isn't she?"

I chuckled. "I guess sometimes she is."

Evelyn placed her little hands on my face, running them along the beard I was starting to grow. Her frown adorably deepened. "You need to shave."

"Do I?" I asked as I used one hand to stroke it.

"Yep. You look like a bear."

"A bear, huh?" I asked before I made growling noises and spun her around, dipping her and lifting her in the air.

Her laughs filled the air and my heart jumped. It was my favorite sound in the world. "Daddy, stop before mommy hears!"

Just then, Caterina wobbled in, stern look on her face as she held Evelyn's clothes in one hand and rested the other on her prominent belly. We were expecting twins. We'd already decided that if we had a boy, then we'd name him Kenny.

Cat looked absolutely beautiful with her short brown hair brushing her shoulder and the semi-concerning looks in her otherwise soft, beautiful eyes.

Evelyn squealed and buried her head in my neck. "Daddy, don't let her get me!"

I chuckled and held her close. "I've got you, baby girl." I turned to Cat. "Hey, baby, I got what you wanted from the store-"

"Give her to me now," she tightly said.

"Who?" I asked, playing dumb.

"Evelyn. You know, our child you're currently holding in your arms," she said as she reached for her, but I stepped out of her reach.

"Hm. Never heard of her. Speaking of this girl I've never heard of, she might've said that my beard makes me look like a bear. Does it make me look like a bear?"

"Riverdale, I have been trying to get her into her PJs but she keeps screaming that she likes being naked. Trust me, if she's not fully clothed in the next thirty seconds, looking like a bear will be the least of your problems."

"So I do look like a bear?" I asked, causing Evelyn to chuckle into my neck.

"Twenty-five seconds, Riverdale. Twenty-four..." I sighed as I took the clothes from her.