Chap. 26 Blood Bath

River's POV

My heart was thundering in my ears as Mason and I stealthily approached the Silencers' secret hide out. I silently put a clip in my silenced gun, knowing that the sooner this was over, the sooner I could get back to my Cat.

Cat.

The look in her eyes when I left was slowly tearing me apart, and all I wanted to do was run back to her and wrap her up in my arms and never let her go. But that wasn't an option. Not when the Silencers and the Boss stood a threat to her.

I promised my baby girl nothing would happen to her and that was a promise I was going to keep.

I love Cat, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her and protect her at all costs. So that's what I'll do until the bitter-sweet end.

I glanced over at Mason and could tell he was going through the same struggle. He had a determined look in his hard eyes that I'd never seen before and I could tell that Liam was the only thing that was keeping him going. That was adding fuel to his fire.

"¿Estás listo?" I asked, barely above a whisper and Mason nodded.

"Vamos a mostrar estas vidas bajas quién es el jefe," he said as he put a clip in his own gun.

God, please forgive us, I silently prayed as I did every time we got sent on these hits. But I have to protect the one I love. We both do.

I looked at Mason one more time and he nodded before we both kicked the door in together and the bullets started flying.
***
Cat's POV

I paced around the apartment for what felt like hours. My mind raced with all the possibilities of what would be happening to River and Mason, most of them ending in blood and carnage. Uncertainty gnawed at me and fear nipped at my heels as my feet moved back and forth in a familiar pattern.

"Watching you pace back and forth like that makes me nervous," Liam stated as he pushed himself to his feet, breaking the silence that had overtaken the hotel suite ever since River and Mason left. "Come on, let me take you somewhere."

I instantly shook my head in objection whilst walking back and forth. "River said it's not-", I was interrupted by Liam standing in front of me and placing his hands firmly on my shoulders to prevent any further pacing.

"Trust me Cat, I know it's not safe, but we're not leaving the hotel," he said as he hesitantly removed his hands from my shoulders, waited a few seconds so see if I'd paced again, then let his hands fall to his side. "Plus, River chose this hotel because he knew it has something you love."

"Food?" I asked, cocking my head to the side, causing Liam to laugh and shake his head.

"Besides food."

"But I don't love anything besides-"

"Grab your dance bag and put on something comfortable."

I raised an eyebrow, but the look in Liam's eyes told me not to ask questions and just do what he told me to. So I did. And less than fifteen minutes later, I returned freshly showered sporting leggings, a tank top, and a slightly damp bun on my head with my dance bag slung over my shoulder.

"Okay Liam, where are we-"

"Shh, don't ask questions," he instructed as he grabbed my wrist and led me out the door, grabbing the extra room key that laid on the counter as he did so.