Chap. 8 Welcome to the Safe House

I woke up in River's arms.

We were still in the dark car and everyone was dead silent. Mason was sound asleep with his face awkwardly pressed against the window, instantly making me feel bad for anyone who drove by one his side of the car. Liam was looking dead ahead obviously caught up in his own thoughts and worries.

Then I got to River and of-freaking-course, he looked like a Greek God. His lips slightly parted when he breathed and I felt his chest steadily rise and fall underneath my head. His beautiful eyes were hidden from the world behind their lids and I instantly missed them. Stubble was growing on his face giving him a rugged, yet attractive appearance. His muscular arms were wrapped tightly around me, protecting me from even the smallest threats and I loved it.

"I know I'm attractive, but it's rude to stare," River suddenly said, not opening an eye causing me to blush at the fact that I'd been caught.

"Sorry," I mumbled before I buried my head in his chest to hide the blush that I knew he couldn't see.

"Don't worry about it. I'd stare at me too," he said as a smirk appeared on his face, causing me to roll my eyes.

"We'll be at the safe house in about ten minutes," Liam announced causing nervousness to suddenly come over me.

What if they find us?

What if my father comes back and I'm not home?

"Hey relax, Cat," Liam said, looking at me through the rearview mirror, sensing my uneasiness. "Everything will be okay."

I nodded as I took a deep breath, calming my nervous and putting my buzzing thoughts to rest.

I pulled out my phone from my dance bag and looked at my clock. It read 01:41.

Holy guacamole...

I plugged in my earphones and played 'BRB/Kiss' by LANY as I rested on head back on my seat instead of River's chest.

Soon, we started drifting away from the main road and onto a dirt road through thick trees. The moonlight trickled through the branches and onto the road and over the car.

"Despierta, sombrero de Culo." Liam said as he elbowed Mason, causing him to groan as his eyebrows pulled together.

"Cinco minutos más, por favor," Mason groaned as he repositioned himself in the chair.

"River," Liam whined, causing River to groan before he kicked the back of Mason's chair as hard as he could.

"Hey, that's my butt!"

"Hey, that's my chair!" Liam and Mason said at the same time, causing River to smirk, eyes still closed.

"I'm up. I'm up," he groaned. "A guy tries to get five minutes of sleep and he gets a foot up his bum."

Liam rolled his eyes as we pulled up to a huge brick wall with giant black doors. "Honey, I'm home!" Liam said in a sing-song voice as he rolled down his window, put in a long passcode, muttered a password in another language, then he put in a fingerprint causing a clicking noise to ring out before the doors slowly opened.

Liam casually rolled in, revealing more trees and another set of dirt roads, one going forward, one to the left, and one to the right.

We turn to the right and follow the long, narrow road until we finally emerged from the trees and was greeted by a giant house with thick walls, high windows, and a huge structure along with a huge garage. It had beautiful green grounds with a flowing fountain. "Oh my God..." I whispered as I paused my music and pulled my earphones out of my ears.