Chap. 10 Her

Chap. 10 Her
I quickly jammed my key into the lock and flung the door open, desperately trying to escape the wicked grasps of time and make it to her before it was too late.

The door swung shut behind me and my hands became tighter around the two precious things that I needed to deliver to her. My fingers became cold as I traveled up the stairs, the outside temperature causing the bag's contents temperature to increase along with my heartbeat. I practically ran down the slim hallway toward the only room with an open door and light pouring out of it.

As soon as I walked through the door, the look she had on her face told me I fuc-I mean fudged up. 'Come on, you're almost a father. You need to work on your language.'

"I'm sorry I'm late," I said as I rubbed the back of my neck with one hand, but her eyes remained narrowed and cold. "I brought you ice cream." I said with a small chuckle as I extended the bag with the two tubs of chocolate swirl ice cream and the giant purple spoon, causing her to roll her eyes as smile crept onto her face.

"Dang it, you got me," she chuckled as I walked over to her and gave her the bag, relief washing over me knowing that she wasn't mad at me. "What took you so long?" she asked as she wasted no time ripping the top off of the ice cream and began digging in.

"Traffic," I answered as I unzipped my jacket leaving me shirtless before I tossed it onto the beanbag chair that she had in the corner then I took a seat on her bed with her.

"So I see that Bryce is craving ice cream," I chuckled as I placed a hand on her swollen, round stomach.

"Yep," she chuckled as she downed another spoonful. "Just a few more weeks before he's due," she smiled up at me.

"A few more weeks," I breathed out as she ate some more. "You've got something on your cheek," I said as she licked the spoon clean.

"Where?" she asked as her eyebrows knit together with confusion and her hand began sweeping her face.

"Right here," I whispered as I brought my tongue to her cheek where the chocolate was smeared and licked it off, causing her to giggle and for me to chuckle.

"You know I can't stand it when you do that!" she laughed as I began bombarding her with kisses, causing her chuckles to become louder and louder.

"Babe, stop," she chuckled as she cupped my face and held it mere inches from her own. She began talking but I couldn't focus on what she was saying. All I could do was focus on her. How perfect the skin that laid on her heart shaped face was. How beautiful and captivating her blue-green eyes were. The way her soft, full light pink lips curled into a smile that revealed her perfect white teeth. The scar that rested between her eyebrows that gave an extra edge to her otherwise pure, innocent exterior that she usually covered with her long dirty blonde hair. How she didn't need anyone to make her feel secure or safe or like she belonged. Like how she made herself belong and how she couldn't give a second thought if anyone accepted it or not. My eyes wandered down to her stomach, the place that housed the living being that we created almost nine months ago and I couldn't be happier that it was with my one and only.

"Babe!" she said, snapping me back to what was happening.

"What?" I asked, confusion absorbed my voice, causing her to laugh. My God, and that laugh...

"I was talking about Algebra. You know I haven't been in the actual classroom in almost six months. I need a little help wrapping my head around everything."

"Don't worry, I've got you," I said as I stood up but she immediately pulled me back down, confusion once again overwhelming me.

"I didn't say it had to be now," she smiled with a mischievous hint in her voice as she rested both arms one my shoulders and her hands interlocked behind my neck. "I've missed you," she whispered as she gently kissed my lips, skillfully working around her stomach.

"Not nearly as much as I missed you," I murmured into her soft lips, holding onto the kiss for a few moments longer before we both pulled away from the kiss.

"Where did you go for nearly a month?" she asked.

"I had to help some family in Iowa," I lied to her for the thousandth time, causing my heart to break not only at how easily the lie slipped from my tongue, but also from how fast she believed it.

"Well now I've got you all to myself," she grinned as she fell back onto the bed and due to her grip, I fell with her.

"Your mom's not coming back anytime soon, is she?" I questioned as I laced my fingers with hers. "I mean I know she says that she supports us but-"

"But nothing," she grinned. "And anyways, no she's not. Tonight it's just you, me, and Bryce."

I smiled. "I like the sound of that," I said before I as pulled the sheets over both of our bodies, my arms securely around her and Bryce.

"Goodnight, babe," she sleepily whispered as she moved closer to me.

"Love you," I said as I held her impossibly closer.

"I love you too," she whispered as her eyelids fell shut. I listened to the sound of her breathing as I stared at the ceiling, silently chuckling at the fact that she never turned off the lights because she's a weird nut that has to sleep with all the lights on.

But words couldn't explain how much I love my little nut and how much I'd risk just to keep her safe.

And that's what I'm doing.

That's what I'll always do-keep her safe.

Even if it means lying right to her.

****

Woah two updates in one day?! Yep, just because I love you guys that much. I hoped you like this chapter because I had a lot of fun writing it. I actually thought up this chapter on the way to school, but I didn't have time to actually write it until now. Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter and if you did, please don't forget to comment, vote, and fan because I love to hear what you guys think!

Teaser: Cat gets her first training session and things get a bit weird.

See when I next update and as always...

Love y'all- Jordan

P.S comment 'lights on' or the lightbulb emoji if you sleep with your lights on. I just wanna know.

M'kay bye.