Chap. 12 "Next time open the door or I'll break it down again."

^Beautiful cover by Milliontheorc I love it😍 This chapter is also dedicated to her for all of the nice comments she gives me. I don't know if y'all know this, but every comment I get lifts my mood and it makes me want to get better at my craft, so thank all of y'all and especially her. If any of y'all wanna send a cover for any book, send it to my email JordanTaylor1202@gmail.com^

Chap. 12 "Next time open the door or I'll break it down again."

About three hours later, we pulled back into the garage of the mansion with my bags from the mall, a lifetime supply of tampons, pads, pain meds, and chocolate.

I'm practically set for life.

River's mood had become stony and cold again about halfway back from our journey and I couldn't ignore the hurt that continued pinching at my heart, no matter how many Jon Bellion, Shawn Mendes, Lana Del Rey, or LANY songs I listened to.

As soon as he pulled the key out of the ignition, he jumped out of the car, not bothering to help me with the bags I was obviously struggling to carry.

Seriously what has been up with River lately?

Was it something I did..?

River just sat back and watched me struggle with a bored look on his face, a small grin growing on his lips every so then when I almost fell or when I dropped something and cursed.

I had to literally bite my tongue to prevent myself from saying something that'd come back to bite me in the bum later. After I finally made my way to him, River opened the door, watching in amusement while I struggled to walk up the stairs.

"Thank you so much for the amazing day," I said half sarcastically, because the times he wasn't being an arrogant, rude prick, I was actually having fun with him.

"I was only doing what Liam forced me to," River grumbled before he walked out of the room without saying another word or even throwing a glance in my direction.

I narrowed my eyes at where he'd previously been and gritted my teeth together. "Prick," I grumbled as I got my things under my arms and made the horrid journey upstairs to my room. "Mason!" I called as I struggled up the stairs. "Liam!"

"They're not here, genius," River's now annoying voice chastised from somewhere inside the house, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Lucky them. At least they get some time away from Sir. Pricksalot over here." I yelled back as I finally made my way to the top.

"Aw Baby Girl-"

"Oh sorry I can't hear you!" I said in a sing-song voice as I rushed into my room and slammed the door, locking it just in case River wanted to "pop in" like he had this morning.

I sighed as I dropped all of my bags on the floor before I plunged face first into the comforting arms of my bed. Sleep was tugging at me from behind my eyes and I knew that it wouldn't be long before I gave into its desperate needs.

I slowly kicked the shoes off my feet and slid underneath the warm covers before I turned on the TV. I couldn't go to sleep without some sort of noise, so I settled on Victorious, aka the show that was literally my life between the ages of eleven and fourteen.