Chap. 31 Ontario

"Ontario?" Liam asked as I drove us back to the hospital where Mason and David were waiting.

"Yeah," I said nodding. "There are a ton of old abandoned buildings there and I think I know which one it is."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go now!"

"We can't," I said shaking my head as the hospital came into view. "If we come even a minute before or after nine-thirty-five on the sixteenth, then Cat might get hurt and that's the last thing we want."

Liam let out a growl of frustration before he hit the dashboard. "Then what are we supposed to do, wait?"

"Yes," I said, though I was growing more frustrated by the second. Couldn't he tell that this was killing me just as much as it was killing him? More than it was killing him? He still had Mason and knew where he was and knew that he was breathing. But I didn't have that luxury. "That's exactly what we're going to do unless you want to barge in there on your own time schedule and get her killed. And I swear if you even try that and she ends up hurt, you will pay, do you understand me?"

Liam sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine let's just...let's just tell David."

I nodded as I parked the car then hurriedly entered the hospital to Mason's room where there were doctors crowded around him while David remained off to the side. "What happened?" Liam frantically asked as he pushed through the barrier of doctors with me following right behind him. "Oh my God..." he sighed and as I looked over his shoulder, my racing heartbeat slowed. Laying there was Mason with his eyes barely open and a smile on his face.

"Hey, babe," he weakly wheezed out. "What'd I miss?"

"Oh my God, Mason," he whispered before he placed his lips on Mason's in a tender kiss, not caring that there were five doctors and nurses around them. All he cared about was Mason. My heart clenched and I looked away. All I cared about was my Cat.

"What happened?" I asked David and he gave me an empty shrug.

"I dunno, one minute I was outside getting something to eat and the next I heard a loud siren or whatever going off and saw all of those doctors rush in here and crowded around Mason."

"Yeah, what happened to him? I thought you said he wasn't going to wake up for a little while so you could make sure his body had enough time to properly heal without stress," Liam chimed in, now sitting on the bed next to Mason with one hand in Mason's and using to other to wipe the sweat-matted hair from his boyfriend's forehead.
"We don't know," one of the female doctors shrugged as she looked at the machine before looking at her clipboard, "but we're going to have to run a few tests to determine if you're ready to be awake or if you need to go back under."

"Alright," Mason nodded, and in less than a minute, a needle was in him taking vitals of blood for testing among other miscellaneous tests and doctor talk that I couldn't really comprehend. After a little while, the doctors left, but not before warning Mason to take it easy and for us not to stress him out.

"How are you feeling, Mas?" I asked as I sat on the other side of him.

"Considering that I got shot in one of the most fatal parts of the human body and I'm not dead, I'm pretty okay. I hurt, but I'm okay. And hungry. I want some waffles. Oh, and eggs, and bacon and-" he started, his eyes lighting up before he suddenly stopped and looked around, but when his eyes landed on David, the color drained from his face. "Oh my God, Cat. What happened to her? Please tell me she's alright. Where is she?"

I swallowed and looked away, causing him to let out a slur of curses. "This is all my fault," he murmured as he put his hand over his eyes. "Oh God. They have her and this is all my fault. Estúpido, estúpido."