Chap. 6 "No Idea Is the Wrong One."

I bit my bottom lip as Liam's car became closer and closer to the school. It's been three days since the party and I still couldn't get over what Shawn tried to do to me. For the rest of Saturday and Sunday, Liam, River, and Mason hadn't left my side, but River had barely spoken to me nor gotten near me since the 'incident' and I couldn't help but feel offended and confused.

One minute he was stroking my hair and holding me close, and the next he's avoiding me like the plague.

Was it because he felt bad for me? I thought to myself but I shook my head. The sincerity that was in his voice was 100% real and the way he held me close and looked at me like I was the most important thing in the world...

No! Why do I even care? Sure he did one nice thing for me, but I still don't like him...or do I? Ugh! Curse my teenage drama! I scowled to myself as I looked out the window.

Rain ran down the window, playfully chasing each other as they played their game of tag. The trees swayed in the wind and animals hid in their homes. "Hey, you okay?" Liam asked as he pulled into the parking lot.

I simply nodded, but he gave me the look that said 'You're not fooling me' and I sighed. "It's Shawn," I admitted. "I don't know if I'm ready to see him again. I mean what if he-"

"Don't worry about him," Liam tightly said as his grip on the steering wheel tightened. "River took care of him so you don't have to worry about him."

My eyebrows pulled together. "What do you mean? Both you and River have told me that he's been 'taken care of'-" I said, air quoting 'taken care of', "But what do you mean?"

A grin grew on Liam's lips as he pulled into his parking spot and killed the engine. "You'll see, Cat. You'll see," he said before he turned to me for a brief second before he pulled his hood over his head, grabbed his backpack and an umbrella before he got out.

I grabbed my backpack and as soon as I had, my door was opened and Liam was standing there with an umbrella in his hands, waiting for me. "Thanks," I said before I got out.

Liam and I walked into the school, each stuck in our own worlds. As soon as we got in the school, Liam closed the umbrella and pulled his hood off. "Remember Cat, if you see Shawn, kick him where it hurts," Liam whispered in my ear, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I might be mad at him but I don't want to ruin his chance at having a child."

"Fine if you want to be nice," he said with disgust before he hugged me. "I'll see you in a bit, okay?" I nodded before we broke the hug and walked out separate ways.

I kept my eyes down as I made my way to my locker, hoping- no praying that I wouldn't run into Shawn.

You're doing good. Just a few more yards and-

"Cat," someone said as they grabbed my shoulders, causing me to scream as my eyes left the floor to look at the person to see it was the one and only Shawn. A small gasp escaped my lips once I looked at his face. He had a black eye, a huge bruise on his cheek, a cut on his forehead, and to top it all off, his arm was wrapped, most likely broken.

River did this?

"Look Cat, I'm sorry about the other night. I was drunk and stupid and-"

"Don't talk to me," I growled as I narrowed my eyes and tried to get out of his grip, but I failed. Even with a broken arm he's stronger than me....

"Look, Cat. I'm really sorry for what I almost did to you. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking straight-"

"Shut up," I snapped, catching him by surprise. "No matter how many times you say sorry, I'll never look at you the same. You almost took freaking advantage of me and you think sorry will make it better?!" I practically yelled, causing a few heads to turn my way. "Sorry Shawn, but you're apology is not accepted," I said before I successfully pulled myself out of his grasp and started walking toward my locker.