5

HARRY'S POV:

What a great show last night. I felt proud of myself. I usually feel good about how my shows go, but sometimes, I just get a better vibe from them. Maybe the audience was awesome. I don't know. I just didn't want to stop. Didn't want to leave the stage. Usually I'm sort of glad to be done at the end of that last song. But last night...I sang a few extra songs, much to the audience's delight.

Maybe I just needed to keep singing. Keep playing. For "therapy". Since I had started the day reading Janel's life story, and I was angry that she had a sucky life.

And if I had stopped my show with the usual song, I would have had to go back to my hotel room and probably think about Janel and her file. A friend in town asked me to go out after, but I just wasn't in the mood. And I was pretty exhausted from all the extra songs. It's exhausting putting all that energy out for the crowd. People don't know!

I finally arrived at Janel's door. Today was the last day I was in town, and I had to tell her I wouldn't be able to see her for a week or so, until I had a few days with no shows, and I could spend them back here.

But after that.....I'd be done my tour. So I'd have months to do whatever, wherever. I thought I was gonna go back to the UK and see my family and friends, but I sort of decided I'd stay here.....get to know Janel more. Spend more time with her. I think it made her feel good, and I know it made me feel good.

Depending on how today goes, when I tell her I can't see her till possibly next week, that is. Maybe she'll be mad and not want to see me at all.

I had her file in a plastic store bag, to sneak back to Bonnie hopefully without being seen by anyone else. If she wasn't there, I'd have to keep it till next time. Or, maybe Janel could sneak it back to Bonnie. Good idea.

Much to my dismay, Tammi was at the reception desk. So I asked her if I could see Janel, and kept smiling through all of her jealous, dirty looks when her eyes motioned towards Janel's room. I sort of chuckled as I walked away. What a piece of work that lady is.

Janel's door was closed, so I knocked. She didn't answer. I tried again a few times, until I thought I heard the faint sound of music coming from her room. I opened the door a tiny crack, and saw her laying on her bed, with earphones on. The music was blasting, actually, now that the door was opened, I could hear it loud and clear, coming out of the earphones. She was listening to one of my songs.

I opened the door more, and waved to get her attention from her looking out the window.

Her eyes widened and she jumped a little bit, but immediately, a huge smile spread across her face, like a kid who sees her pile of presents under the Christmas tree.

I love her smile. It warms my heart. And this had been the biggest smile I'd seen from her yet.

It was contagious. I couldn't help but smile huge also.

She tore her headphones off, and sat up. My mind expected her to run over to me and grab me into a big hug. But then I remembered, as she sat there looking like she'd jump off the bed any second, but never did....she couldn't hug me.

And later today, when I leave, I won't be able to hug her goodbye.

That thought depressed me. But I kept smiling as I walked towards her and sat on her bed next to her.

"Hey Janel! How are you today?" I asked her excitedly.

"I'm great, now that you came back............how....are you today?" she repeated as if she was still learning how people greeted each other.

'I'm good! I'm good. It's so great to see you. I missed you last night. I had to work all afternoon and night. But hey...I read through your file a little bit.....I'm done with it, but Tammi's at the desk out there, so should I just leave it with you and you can sneak it back to Bonnie whenever she's here next?" I got that over with.