13

HARRY'S POV:

The next few months were wonderful. I kept things going very, very s l o w with Janel. I still swore by my theory of giving her a chance to have a real friend. A real boyfriend. (Yes, I had finally asked her to be my girlfriend just a few short weeks ago, and she said that's what she's been waiting for since we met. It was over a dinner one night, in a fancier place than our favorite burger/fries joint. She was all smiles because she said the whole night was just like on movies she's seen. Except instead of asking her to marry me, I asked her to be my girlfriend. When she's all smiles, I can't help but be all smiles.)

So I'm giving her the chance to "date" me and see what that's like, without complications of s.ex.

It's still really tough, though. For me, that is. I don't know what it's like for her...I haven't really talked about s.ex with her yet. I don't know how much she knows, or what she knows about. Hell, I don't even know if she knows where babies come from. Did anyone ever tell her this stuff? Did she have s.ex ed in school? Health class? Hopefully.

Anyway, I'm giving her the chance to mature and catch up to all she's missed being in that government run group home.

Speaking of that group home, Janel no longer lives there!! She FINALLY got let out! They found her a small apartment of her own and the government pays for it for now, until she's certified that she can basically take care of herself, and she has a job and can pay everything herself. And I wasn't involved in her leaving at all. (except for the bugging the important people to hurry her case up!)

She'll get to the job thing later. Even though she wants it NOW. She'd like to work in a bakery or restaurant of some sort, she said. Back in the home, when she started coming out of her shell more and more the past few months, she ended up spending lots of time in the group home cafeteria. Martin the cook sort of took her under his wing and taught her lots about cooking as he'd make the home's meals. She usually did that to make the time pass when I was away for work stuff. Which was getting to be more and more, since I had a nice break, and now I'll be working on my third album soon, so things are being arranged, and people being called, etc....and I still gotta keep myself in the public eye every once in a while, so I'm not forgotten by the time my new album's ready, so I do still have little mini tours that pop up in different countries.

Janel's given me LOTS to write songs about, though, so writing another album won't be a problem for me. I have probably 3 whole albums worth of material already. (Not all about her!) It'll be tough to sort it out and pick which song ideas to use. That's a good thing.

Anyway, Janel ended up being a really fast learner in the kitchen, and she particularly loves baking, so she spent lots of time with Martin and can probably cook and bake better than anyone I know, now.

That's always a nice thing to have in a girlfriend, I have to say! She loved the coincidence that I used to work in a bakery, when I told her. She said we were definitely meant to be. She's so cute. I just love her.

When I was away for days, here and there the past few months, Janel kept busy by listening to my music, now that she knows it's me in her ears, and she still goes to see Martin and helps him out in the group home kitchen. Luckily her apartment is just a few blocks away. It's perfect. She enjoys it, Martin's a hilarious teacher, and it makes her happy, doing something constructive.

Oh, and Janel turned 23 just recently. She didn't want a huge deal made about it. She just wanted to be with me that day and night. So I spent the entire time with her. I took her shopping, sat next to her and got my hair cut with her, even got a pedicure alongside of her. That tickled our feet. But I got used to it. She took a longer time to stop giggling and squirming around from it. It was hilarious.