39

HARRY'S POV:

Life was good for a few weeks. We lasted two and a half days in our "keep the world out" attempt. But then, even we, being homebodies, got antsy and decided to go out. We went to that club we went to before. Didn't make any friends this time. Just danced, felt the bass and music in our chests, because we love that, and we made out a lot on the dance floor. Because we're immature that way. We didn't care. We were out in the world, yet we didn't let the world in, still. It was like we had to catch up for lost time. We couldn't stop clinging to eachother for a while, both of us probably subconsciously afraid that something would happen and take us away from eachother somehow. Yeah, I'd say we were scarred from what happened. And it wasn't over yet. I got more texts. I showed each and every one to Janel, as soon as I got them. And she got a few texts, too. And a call or two for both of us.

We had even stopped at the police station recently to check on our case. Nothing. They hadn't found anything. Nice to know there's help when you need it! NOT.

Bonnie and Stanley were THRILLED that we were back together. They both had joked that they couldn't possibly have taken any more of our pathetic crying. But they were sincerely glad we worked it out.

My parents were so happy for me too. They said they've seen me in rough shape before, but this....this was like...they were seriously worried for me, that I'd do something stupid. So they were sure glad I was happy again. Max even called me a few times just to make sure everything was still good, because he had heard the news from mum and dad and he was concerned. So he kept calling like every morning saying "Still good? Still together? She didn't change her mind, did she?"

Janel finally got on the phone on the third morning and told him she was NOT going to change her mind. Ever. She had seen me roll my eyes this time when he called.

We visited Martin a few times, Janel cooked a few meals there, just to keep her skills up, since all she'd known for a week was crumbs and cold stuff.

And then there was Tammi. She was just......odd lately. She went from constantly bothering me when I'd visit the home, to totally ignoring me now. Which I was absolutely fine with, don't get me wrong. I was happy, actually. She had always given me a strange vibe, and I was happy to walk past the reception desk and not have to say or hear a fake word. I hated who I had to be around her. I hated being fake. I hated fake people. I hated fake smiling at people I hated.

She asked the one day if Janel was ok. Only she didn't ask JANEL, who was standing right next to me, holding my hand. She asked ME.

WTF?

She said she had heard about her being in the hospital and heard that we had a weird stalker messing with us, and asked if the police found anything out yet. That was the last conversation we had, so far. She like...never looked at Janel. It was strange. She only looked at me. A lot. As usual. I remember her giving me looks the first time Janel showed up at the home with me in tow. I wished she'd just get another job somewhere, is what I wished. Sometimes I didn't want to go to the home, just because I'd have to deal with her.

Bonnie said we were thinking about it too much. But I tell you....that girl......eeek.

I got a call one day, while in the kitchen with Martin, from the police. They said they were able to get a phone number from the app company, on some of the blocked phone numbers I'd given them a list of. Only some of them were from one app. The rest were probably given from other temporary phone number apps. There were a lot of apps like that. They'd start with this phone number they'd been given, first. See if they could see who that was. They hadn't gotten to get on that yet, because they'd JUST been given the info. I stressed at the police station when we checked in, that I NEED something done, and for them to call me as soon as ANYTHING comes in. So now I had to wait to see whose number it was. And then....it should be as simple as that, hopefully! I just wanted this done and overwith. I wanted the person executed. Ok, jailed, at least. But I'm sure they'd get off easy. Fvckers.