37

HARRY'S POV:

I woke up earlyish. Janel had no clocks anywhere in the apartment, and since my phone was in the other room, I had no idea what time it was. I couldn't even guess. The shades were covering all the windows, but from what I could see, little dots of sky, it was gray outside, so I couldn't get a hint from the lighting of the sun.

It took me a second to get conscious, but when I realized that I was most likely in bed with Janel, my eyes exploded open to see if I was right.

And I was. There she was. She was a dream come true. The woman who held my heart in her hands, and could either squeeze it till it popped and deflated, or she could press it into her chest, and join it with her own heart, so they were both one together.

I had no fvcking CLUE which one she'd chose to do. But if I could just be near her, I'd settle for waiting, and take in every second of life with her that I could get, just in case my time to be with her ended.

I watched her sleep. She seemed content now. Not like last night. Man, she was loud! I wondered how many neighbors she'd woken up. What a horrible night terror that must have been. Poor girl.

I looked down because I saw a lump of skin. Yeah, her ti.t was hanging out of the top of the cover.

God, how badly I wanted to touch it. I'd have to settle for just staring at it. What a beautiful ti.t it was, too. A perfect tear drop shape.....full and perky....

I had to stop. I couldnt. It was too much. I gently pulled her cover up over her sexy exposed body part, and put it out of my mind. I wondered if this would be like before, when I couldn't touch her.

I SOOOO didn't want to be back at that point again.

But....I wanted to be with her, so I'd have to play whatever game her brain was tricking her into playing. She loved me. She wanted me. Why couldn't she just BE WITH ME????? Then, when we finally found out who devastated our lives like this, she'd know it was all nothing.

I was tired of beating a dead horse on that subject. She just wouldn't believe me. And it was starting to look like she never would. EVER. If I could just find the as.shole who was doing all of this to us....

I felt a twinge of sadness settle into my belly.

And Janel opened her eyes and looked right at me.

"Why are you in here Harry! I told you.....I.................WHY, Harry? Why are you doing this to me? You said you'd be here to help me! Not try and get with me every second!" she yelled at me.

"Babe...you had a bad dream last night. I woke up to you screaming at the top of your voice! I came in and woke you up, and you cried on my chest, and fell asleep there. So l layed you down and layed next to you." I told her the story.

"Why didn't you just go back to the couch after?" she said coldly.

"BeCAUSE, your nightmare consisted of you screaming "Harry, please don't leave me, I love you", over and over and over, thank you very fvcking much. So I figured I'd do what you wanted and NOT leave you, because I love you too. And if you don't believe me, knock on a neighbor's door. I'm absolutely SURE they heard it. Probably the entire apartment building heard it." I lost my patience a little. I had to NOT do that, or I'd ruin all my chances of being here, and winning back her love. Fvck. It just bothered me so damn much that she WANTED ME, but wouldn't let herself HAVE me!! DAMMIT JANEL!!!! I just wanted to shake her silly, till her brain rattled around and clicked into the right mode, and forgave me. For the nothing that I did.

"I said that?" she asked.

"No. You SCREAMED IT. Over and over. And over." I answered, in a frustrated tone.