11

HARRY'S POV:

Bonnie greeted me one morning as I came to see Janel. She said Janel had the flu and was sick in her bed. But I'm welcome to go see her, if I wanted to risk getting sick. I wanted to risk it, I told her. I'd had the flu shot anyway. Hopefully it'd work. You can't be a musician and meet loads of people all the time, without getting every possible vaccination out there, afterall! I'd risk it for Janel. Gladly.

Bonnie also told me that Tammi discovered something about me the day before. Oh sh.it. Here it was.

Now there'll be crowds here...everyone will know I'm seeing a woman in a mental home....

This was NOT my morning, already.

"Tammi said she was watching the Grammys a few nights ago, and she saw someone who looked just like you. And guess what? It was YOU, Harry!" She showed me a video. "What the HELL, Harry?" Bonnie said, looking confused.

I sighed hard and loud. "Yeah. I am Harry Styles. I'm surprised no one noticed before. And I'm sorry. I was trying to keep a low profile. For myself. My career. And for Janel and the entire home. I didn't want things to get all chaotic with paparazzi and stuff......I'm sorry."

"Well, how the hell did you meet Janel? What would someone like you want with her in the first place? I don't understand...." Bonnie asked in disbelief.

"I was across the street, sitting on a wall, eating a snack on the way back to my hotel. I was in town for a few shows and radio promos and stuff. I looked ahead and saw this girl, feeling a pole, with her eyes closed, and touching her face. It was strange. But she was pretty, so I was intrigued. I figured it was the perfect opportunity to talk to her. So I went over and asked what she was doing.

And that's how I met Janel.

I was surprised at where she lived because she seemed perfectly normal to me. Just....shy, I guessed.

And there was something special about her. I didn't know what. She seemed....genuine. Sweet. Shy. Pretty. I just couldn't believe where she lived, and something kept making me come back to see her. I couldn't stop. I liked her. I just simply.....liked her. It felt GOOD to be around her. She refreshed me. There was no games to play. No odd girly stuff to try and figure out. I liked that. I almost didn't read her file when you gave it to me, because I've known plenty of girls who aren't mentally right, and I didn't get a file to figure them out, so why should I invade Janel's privacy? But given her situation, and the way you really wanted me to read it, I figured maybe you were warning me or something. So I read it.

And nothing changed in my head about her. I was relieved to see that she's even more normal than most women I've known...."

Bonnie cut me off, "But how did you think you were gonna get away with this without it going public? Does Janel know???? Is she keeping you a secret too?"

"No", I admitted to Bonnie. "That's something I've struggled with as soon as I realized how deep into Janel I was getting. I WANT to tell her who I am. What I do for a living. She has my fvcking albums in her room...on her phone...she LOVES my music! Even before she met me!

I've wanted to tell her soooo badly all this time....but I'm scared now! At first it was nice that she didn't know, because everyone who knows me these days, likes me BECAUSE I'm famous. Because I sing and play guitar. Because I'm rich. Because I do music. I didn't have women falling all over for me before I played guitar, so this made me happy. She likes me for ME only. And now.....I'm scared to tell her because what if she gets mad now? What if it upsets her?"

Bonnie sighed and thought for a while. "Well, I don't know who else here Tammi told about you, but I'd suggest telling Janel soon. Like, maybe today. I don't know. I've thought of every possible complication you could make for Janel, but THIS? I never imagined THIS!! So I'm not sure WHAT to do or say. But I trust you, Harry....Styles. You've impressed me so far, so I know you'll handle this in a good way. I love your music, by the way. If my kids could meet you and get your autograph, I'd be the best mom ever." Bonnie laughed a sort of reserved laugh.