7

JANEL'S POV:

The week went. The week went slowly. The week was boring. The week was torture. The week felt painful. The empty feeling in my chest and the waves of pain, but not actual pain, just kept coming and going all through the week.

I sat on the patio, because that reminded me of Harry. I sat in the chair he sat in that last day.

I walked in the park because that reminded me of Harry. I sat on the rock he had sat on that last day.

I did all my usual stuff that I used to do. Except none of it was entertaining anymore. It was all....boring. It was like I was a zombie now. Like I used to be. All I had done before, was simply EXIST. But when I met Harry, I came alive. I LIVED. And now that he wasn't here....all I did was exist again.

Listening to music was the best thing I could do. It was the only thing that made me feel entertained.

I kept going back to the Harry Styles CD's. I didn't know why. They just....soothed me. More than they ever had before. His voice. It felt familiar. It felt cozy to me. I'd never noticed that before. Maybe because his name was Harry, too. I didn't know.

Bonnie gave me more "chores" to help out with more than usual, she said to keep me busy, and the time until Harry came back would get here faster. It didn't seem like it worked, but maybe it did, looking back. I would have had all those days to just sit and do nothing, and that would have been worse, I suppose.

Bonnie gave me a lot of talks, too, whenever she could.

And I had noticed that when I slept, the empty feeling in my chest went away, so I ended up taking a lot of naps. That helped.

I had lost track of the days after a few days. They were all a blur of wishing Harry was around.

I wanted to touch his hands sooooo badly. I craved them. I craved feeling them on my face. I tried hard all the time, to remember in detail, how his rough fingertips felt. The fingertips on his left hand felt rough and hard. But his right hand, they didn't. Weird.

Sometimes I'd stop what I was doing, almost like I was frozen for a second, when the reality of what I'd done would hit me out of the blue.

I had held a person's hand. REAL actual hands were on my face.

This was big. SO big. Even I couldn't believe it sometimes.

My entire life I'd been so afraid of anyone touching me. But yet, I'd longed for it so badly....

And now that it happened....I craved it even worse.

Feeling the warmth of Harry's fingertip for the first time.....there were no words I could use.

And then feeling his hand wrapped around mine. It felt so....safe. It scared me so much that for it to feel so safe was amazing to me.

And his arm. It was even warmer than his hand. Feeling the actual heat leaving someone's body, and warming my own skin.......I can't even explain the feeling.

I almost don't know why I'd never tried it before. But I DO know why, when I think about it. Because I've never trusted someone like I trust Harry. There's just something about him that makes me comfortable near him. I don't know what. Just a feeling I get from him. He's so.....real. Genuine, I guess the word is. And he seems to really care about me. It's almost like he protects me. I feel that way when we're walking together. And my feeling was sort of confirmed that day after we held hands, and we came back here and Bonnie ran up to me, after seeing us holding hands.

I could feel Harry's hand get tighter around mine. I could sense his body stiffen up as she ran over.

It felt like he was ready to protect me if she did anything wrong. Not that she would. But that's the feeling I got from Harry's almost unnoticeable moves. At least, that's what I think. I could be wrong.