26

JANEL'S POV:

The room was dark, I could tell when my eyes flickered open and closed. I was tired. Really really tired.

And my throat hurt. It burned, actually. That was SOOOOO painful, having that damn tube shoved down my throat. And being in the hospital had given me a flashback, which made me panic, and everyone trying to help calm me down only made it worse for me. They didn't know how to do it right. They didn't know ME. They didn't know I was getting "taken" by memories of bad people that hurt me and flashbacks of strange doctors and nurses who checked me all over when I was found in the woods.

They eventually gave me a shot and that was all I remembered for a while. But I woke up a little ago, and a doctor told me all about what happened to me. After he got done his entire explanation of all my tests and stuff, finally he was done talking. "Harry? Where is Harry?" was my response. I had barely heard everything else he explained to me. I was waiting patiently to ask where Harry was.

The doctor actually laughed at me." Well, I guess you're feeling ok then?"

I just looked at him. Waiting for his answer.

"Harry? The man who came here with you, I believe his name is Stanley, is waiting just outside the door. Do you want him to come back in? He was here waiting while you were still out." the doctor told me.

Stanley was outside the door? He came with me here?

"Ok. Thank you." I told him. And he left. A second later, Stanley came in and stood at the bed looking down at me. "Whole lotta sh.it tonight turned out to be, innit?" he said to me.

And then he reached down and took my hand in his. "I'm glad you're ok, Janel. You nearly gave me a heart attack....and Harry....he nearly took down Sandra's entire house, from what I hear."

"What? What did he do? Where is he? Is he ok?" I asked, talking so fast I could barely understand myself, also because my voice was rough and croaky and dry.

"He's fine. He got a little mad, broke a few things...maybe even his hand....but I've been texting with some people from the party, and he's here somewhere in the hospital. Probably the ER, getting his hand stitched up. He really cares about you, missy. His heart was torn in two tonight. I've never seen him like that before. And I saw him while he went through breaking up with his ex girlfriend...He wasn't in good shape then, but now? This was 10000 times worse. Poor lad.............BUT, you're ok. And that's what matters. I'm happy you're ok. You've gotta be the nicest girl I know. You sure didn't deserve this."

I had so many questions, but I couldn't ask any of them. I couldn't think. I could'nt speak.

Poor Harry. Oh my God, Harry. What he must have been going through! He's usually searching for every possible thing that could go wrong, and then this all happened! He probably feels guilty about not being able to help me. Or not being able to stop it all before it started......

I couldn't stand the feeling of what Harry must have been feeling. And I burst out crying.

I could barely breathe after a few minutes of crying so hard. Stanley was bent over, hugging me the entire time. Since the first tear rolled down my cheek. He was a nicer guy than I had known he was.

I knew he was a good guy. I could see the extra lengths he'd go to all the time for Harry. I could see how much he cared. He was a good friend to him. I'm sure they'd been through a lot together.

Stanley held me and rocked with me as I cried myself back to sleep. I felt him pull the covers up on me, and I heard him sit in the chair next to the bed. I mumbled "Thank you Stanley". And then I was out. I wanted to sleep, to put myself out of misery, thinking of Harry's misery.