3

HARRY'S POV:

I walked slowly back to my hotel. I had gotten through the day without having to tell Janel that I was the singer of the cd's she loved so much. I couldn't believe she'd never seen me before, but I guess living where she did, she didn't have much exposure and she's usually watching movies.

Before I knew it, I was back in my room. I tossed the file down on the bed, and got ready for tonight's appearance.

If I get done with enough time, I could go visit Janel after...........no. I have to take my time. Besides I have to read her file. I don't want to get TOO involved if I see something crazy in the file that just won't fit into my celeb life. I have to think of that first, over a girl I just met two days ago. It's hard sometimes, but I'd done it before, so I knew it could be done. I had to put myself first for now, till I'm more established in my career. Till I'd been around for a while longer.

I looked around the hotel room. I suddenly felt.....lonely.

I hadn't noticed feeling lonely since my last breakup. I pictured Janel sitting here with me, with her shy smile. Speaking of smile, I don't think I ever heard her laugh yet. Laughing is usually the thing girls do most when they're first around me. They laugh too much, usually, which I've always put down to being nervous. But Janel....she hasn't laughed yet. Am I not funny? Does she not get my jokes? Does she not have a sense of humor? How would she, with the way her life's been?

She seems to get my jokes. Smile at them at least. Hmmm...I'll have to pay more attention next time I see her.

If I see her again, after reading "the file".

Damn file.

I almost wished I'd never been offered the damn thing.

I mean, imagine if you could read a file on every aspect of a person's life, when you first meet them.

NO ONE would be friends, or in relationships if that were the case! Everyone has crazy times they wish they could forget. Everyone has bad things that happened. Bad things that scarred them for life. Things that made them who they are in life, good or bad. Everyone is fvcked up in their own way.

Why should I get to read something to DECIDE about being friends with Janel?

It didn't seem fair.

But Janel's life wasn't like most other people's lives. I mean....she lived in the fvcking WOODS for like a year...by HERSELF!! As a KID! I don't even know HOW she knew how to survive THAT!

Well, without reading her file, I at least knew she was a fighter. She was tough. And that's a good thing in life. As long as you don't go overboard on your toughness, that is. There's gotta be a tender side, too.

Something hit me just then and made me feel sorta sick.

What if Bonnie wanted me to read the file, because she didn't want ME to be hurt, because Janel's in the group home because she's a obsessive liar? Or a crazy stalker? Or a psychopath?

Some sort of "path" that makes you think you're a normal person, but then you SNAP.

????

Hmmmmm......

I looked at the file again, sitting there, holding all the answers. Teasing me. Tempting me. Scaring the sh.it out of me.

And then I looked at the clock.

Fvck. I gotta go.