41

JANEL'S POV:

I couldn't wait. I couldn't wait for Stanley to come back in. I couldn't wait for anything. I got up and despite the nurse telling me I should stay in bed, I raced out of the room. Problem was, I didn't know where Harry's room was. I'd just search around till I saw Stanley or something. I didn't care. "I'm getting discharged any second! I'm fine!" I said to the nurse as I raced out.

I wasn't thinking. I turned back to her......"PLEASE tell me where his room is?"

She told me real quick. It wasn't far, luckily and I barely thanked her as I ran out.

Found it. And there was Stanley, just walking out. I nearly ran into him. "OH! There you are! I was just coming to tell you Harry's results!" He smiled.

"I couldn't wait....can I go in?" I asked him impatiently.

"Yeah! Go right ahead!" he moved out of my way and put his arms out to my prize.

"Harry!" I called, when I walked in and saw him in bed.

He looked over, and tried to sit up, but got back down. "Janel! I'm dizzy, sorry....."

"So??? What did the doctors say?" I didn't beat around the bush.

"They said I've got about 10 minutes to live." he joked.

"Shut UP! What did they SAY!!!?" I barely laughed.

"Impatient, are we? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had a crush on me or something. You're not gonna turn into a crazy stalker, are you?" he joked again.

"Harryyyyyy!!!!" I whined, very impatiently this time.

I've got a concussion. Not a bad one. Just a small one. I'll be fine. I'm gonna stay here for the night, because we don't really have a comfy spot to go home to....and not a proper bed or anything...what with the dead body and crime scene and all.....They just gotta wake me up every hour or so. Keep me on this machine, make sure I'm good, since I'm here. If I wasn't here, you'd just have to wake me every hour or something. But being in here, they gotta cover their as.ses, with machines monitoring my every breath, sneeze or fart." he explained.

SIGGGGHHHHHHH. I was so relieved. I mean, I knew it was probably a concussion. I knew he'd be fine...but you never know. Sometimes things are worse than they seem.

"Then I guess when they discharge me, which will be any second, I'll come move in here. I'll sleep in the chair." I told him.

"Screw the chair. You'll sleep in bed with me!" he said.

"Even better." I said, and I finally leaned down to kiss him and hold him.

"You're shaking." he noticed. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah...I was just nervous about you. And you kept joking around and drawing it out longer and longer, and I was really working up to a panic, you as.shole!" I told him.

He laughed at me.

"Get a hold of yourself, woman. I'm fine." he said. "What did they say about you?" he added.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Just hyperventaled, and panicked...at the same time. They xrayed the side of my head and face, but everything's fine there. Just bruising. Does it look sexy? Do I look tough?" I was able to joke now.

"Bad. AS.S." he said in a low voice, "Don't fvck with my girl....she'll fvcking shoot you in the face!"

I laughed, but it was an awkward laugh. I mean...I killed someone.

Harry must have noticed my awkwardness. "I'm sorry babe. I really shouldn't have said that. Sh.it. Are you ok with it? I mean...as ok as you can get, that is. I know....it's gotta feel weird..."