9

HARRY'S POV:

Janel did exactly what I wanted her to do. She took my hands and immediately placed them on her face. And this time, she got brave and let go, leaving my hands free to roam around. I gave a huge sigh of relief when my palms felt her soft skin.

"Hey!" I said in a half whisper to her as I looked deep into her eyes. Her eyes seemed wetter now. 'Happy crying', I thought to myself.

"Harry", she said with a sigh as she closed her watery eyes and pressed her face into my right palm.

After a few seconds, her arms came up and grabbed mine and gently rubbed back and forth. Each time, they'd get further and further across, towards my upper arms.

As I concentrated on moving my hands slowly towards her hairline, her hands were up near my shoulders now. She was being bold. And so was I. This was the strangest reunion ever, but yet, the sweetest one I'd ever had. The torture of taking things soooo slowly and concentrating on the small things, like just touching her face, was sooo much better than just running over to a person and giving them a hug. Not that I wouldn't love that. I would. I wanted it more than anything. But, this was certainly different, and rewarding in a whole different way. Sort of like noticing how beautiful the sunset is, for the first time, after never really paying attention to it. Watching every little reaction she had....feeling her hands explore their way up closer to my body....it was all beautiful torture. To me, at least. I wondered what SHE was actually feeling. Did this feel good to her, like it did to me? Did it make her want me like it made me want her? Surely she had these feelings in her, right? I wondered.

I always had a sort of guilt for feeling like this with her. Like I shouldn't feel this. She's innocent. She's not like that. But I just couldn't help it, either.

When I came out of my thoughts and overthinking things, I realized her hands were on my shoulders over my hoodie, inching slowly towards my neck on both sides. Her eyes were open now, and she was watching my neck as if it were the ultimate goal.

I lifted my hands from her face and placed them on her arms. Slowly like she had moved, I slid my hands closer to me, towards her hands.

When I got to her wrists, I curled around them gently and closed my eyes and lifted my head back a little bit. I slowly guided her wrists to my the sides of my neck. I stopped there and let her cup around my neck. I still held her wrists, but I let her lead now. She felt around, feeling my Adam's apple with her thumbs. She put both of her pointy fingers in the indent at the bottom of my neck, which gave me chills up and down my spine. I got brave again and guided her wrists up my neck and up the sides of my chin. And then I let her hands roam again. I heard her take a step closer to me to reach me better.

I lowered my head down a little bit, giving her reach of my entire face. Eyes still closed.

She cupped the sides of my face and ears and just kept her hands there for a few seconds.

I let go of her wrists all the way, and lowered my arms to my sides very slowly, so as not to scare her.

I was glad I did this now, because I could feel my jeans being pushed out by a certain 'mini me' down there below my belly button. So I slid my hands in my pockets and hoped that would make it blend in better.

I felt her thumbs and forefingers slide across my eyelids, and up to my eyebrows. Her left hand left my face a bit, and her left forefinger slid down my nose like going down a ski slope. And then, all four of her fingers were on my lips.

She felt back and forth all along my lips. The tingles through my body were electrifying. And mini me was pressing probably further out than the lumps my fists were making in my jeans. I hoped she didn't look down.