22

JANEL'S POV:

The hotel had a taxi waiting for us already when we got to the lobby. Harry had his hood up and we walked fast and got in. No one noticed him this time. It was nice.

While we rode, Harry brought up the subject of alcohol. He had talked with me about it a few weeks ago, when he realized one day, that I had probably never drank, in my entire life.

In fact, I hadn't. He said that one day he'd get me some, and we'd drink a little together, so I could see what it was like. So a few days later, he got me some girly fruity drinks, and we played card games and put music on and drank. It was fun. It would have been fun even without the alcohol. It was like our own little party. After only 1 drink, I started to feel weird. A strange feeling in my head. It was sort of sudden. A "swimmy" feeling. I felt my cheeks get hot, and my eyes glaze over a little bit. I described it to Harry, and he said "Yep! You're feeling it. It gets worse. Ha haha."

I ended up drinking 4 of the drinks that night. I felt good! Being drunk was...I didn't quite get the point, but it felt kinda neat anyway. It made me more talkative. More giggly. More silly. I ended up calling Bonnie while I was drunk, which she immediately knew I was, and told me to put Harry on the phone to make sure we were home and safe and all, see why I was drunk. When he gave the phone back to me, Bonnie was laughing at me, asking me how it felt. I told her we were having a party, and to come over.

She ended up coming over! She brought one of her kids' games, and we played that at the kitchen table, and Bonnie drank some of my drinks too, and we all cracked up all night. And danced. We all danced like idiots to the music. It was a lot of fun! Bonnie slept over, on the couch. Harry slept on the floor in my room. Even drunk, (and he was pretty drunk!) I STILL couldn't con him into sleeping in my bed with me. Maddening!

When I woke the next morning, I felt so........echhh!! I was sooo thirsty, even though Harry made me drink water a few times, in between drinks, and lots before I went to bed. Bonnie made us all breakfast, and left, and Harry and I relived what crazy funny things we remembered from our drunken night. He still has the rest of his beers in my cabinet, with the rest of my girly beers. We haven't touched them since then, though.

So in the cab, Harry told me about the different kinds of alcohol there would probablly be there, and how each one might make me feel, and which ones taste good or strong or whatever. He didn't "daddy" me, which was good. I thought he might. He said to have fun. Try not to over do it. That's when things get sh.itty sometimes, when ya get tooooo drunk.

The party was at "Brian's" house. Whoever Brian was, I'd soon find out.

Harry had us go a little bit late to the party, just so everyone would already be loosened up and working on being drunk, so they would be more friendly and I wouldn't feel as awkward. He's so smart at this stuff. He was right. I don't know how they'd be before they were drinking, but since they were already half drunk, they were all chatty and huggy and laughy and friendly to me. I liked them.

I was mostly scared about the girls. I had never had girl friends. So I didn't know how to act all silly with them like I'd seen in movies. I was afraid they'd hate me and pick on me like in some movies. Like....Mean Girls or something.

But these girls were really nice.

One girl, Michelle, who kind of took me under her wing, told me that Harry had texted her a few hours ago and asked her to make sure I felt comfortable and had fun, because I'd never really been to a party...I'd had a rocky past, but that I was the coolest chick ever. I was embarassed about him telling her that, but I supposed he knew what he was doing. He did it for the right reason. I got it. And it's not like he goes around telling everyone about my past, so for him to say what he said, he did it for a good reason.