c o n f u s i n g

The title is called confusing bcos this will be the most confusing chapter ever lol happy reading! x

》 Colline

I was just in my room, studying for a test tomorrow. I had ny earphones plugged in, I couldn't concentrate because of the harsh pouring rain outside. I closed my textbook and notes and laid down. Thinking about what happened earlier.

4 hours earlier

"What happened to your wrist?" I asked Allison.

"Issac." My eyes widen.

"It was an accident. We were in the janitor's closet, because of lunchtime detention, and the door got suddenly blocked by a vending machine, it was the alpha twins. Turns out Isaac is claustrophobic." Allison explained.

"Oh alright. Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" Allison says.

"Yeah. Bye." I said.

I have no idea why I'm jealous. It was lunchtime detention, it wasn't their fault. Or Isaac's fault. But why do I feel this way? Why do I feel I have the urge to talk to Isaac? Or even mention it to him? When I'm not even his girlfriend.

"Hey." Isaac appeared behind me.

"Hey back." I said.

"You going home?" Isaac asks.

"Yeah." I replied. "Cool, let me drive you." He says, going to his car.

"It's fine. I'll walk." I said turning around.

"You'll walk 3 miles? That doesn't seem like you." He joked. "Come on let me drive you." He held me by the wrist.

I don't know why I flinched. But I did and turned around to face him. He also seemed confused by my action, "Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?" He asks.

"No. You did nothing wrong." I said to him.

"Then why is your heart beating so fast? Did you just lie to me?" Isaac says. He chuckles, "Just tell me what I did wrong." He says looking at me.

"It's nothing." I shrugged.

"Come on, Colline. Tell me." Isaac says.

"Were you with Allison, at lunchtime detention?" I asked.

"No, why?" I was shocked, why would he lie?

"Did you just lie?" I asked him, a lump forming in my throat.

"Yeah. So what? You're not even my girlfriend." He blurted out. His eyes widen once he said that. "I - I didn't-"

"Yeah. You're right. All of this is just a one night stand. A stupid one night stand. I really fell for that; 'I love you Colline McCall.'" I said as tears poured from my eyes. "I never lied-"

"But you just lied to me just now. If you can lie a small detail then you can lie about bigger things." I said. He tried to hold my hand but I removed my hand. "Don't. Just don't." I said as I started to walk away.

"Colline, please. Come back. I - I didn't mean it like that. I love you. Please come back." I kept walking. It's not that I didn't care. I just didn't want to get hurt anymore.

As I was walking by the pavement. A black car pulled up just beside me. The window rolled down, "Get in." It was Derek.

"Why?" I asked him.

Just then harsh rain poured from the skies. Derek sighed and got out of the car, removed his leather jacket and put it around me. Guiding me to the passenger seat. Opening the door for me and sliding me in. He got to his side and drove to my house.

"Did Isaac asked you to do this?" I asked him. He glanced at me, "Isaac? Why?"

Realizing that Isaac didn't ask Derek to do it. I just shrugged it off. "Nothing."

"Why? Is he your boyfriend?" Derek asks.

"Absolutely not." I said. "Yeah. Tell that to my sheet covered with his scent and yours." He joked.

I blushed, "That was over. It's just a one night stand." I said.

"That must've hurt." Derek says. I furrow my eyebrows, not knowing what he meant. "What?"

"Your first time turning into a one night stand." He says. "How did you know it was my first time?" I asked him.

"I just figured. And I was right." Derek says.

He pulled up by the driveway. He opened his side and went to mine and opened the door. We stopped by the door and he said, "Next time, if you need a ride. Call me." He said and smiled.

I blushed. "Here's your um-" I tried to give his jacket back. But he stopped me and said, "Keep it." He smiled and left.

I was stunned for a moment before going in. And I was surprised with what I saw, Isaac was in our living room, asleep. I slowly trudged upstairs and I heard him say, "So is it Derek now?"

I ignored him. And just went upstairs. I went to Scott's room, and asked, "Why is Isaac here?"

"He lives here now." He said.

"What? Why?"

"Derek kicked him out from living in his loft." Scott says.

"Oh." Was all I said and I left the room.

I went to my room and saw Isaac sitting by the bed.

"So, Derek huh?" He asks. "What kind of alpha power did he use on you to make you like him?"

"Isaac, can we not?" I said, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Do you like him?"

"No."

"Then why are you wearing his leather jacket?" He asks, pointing to the fabric that hung on my shoulders.

"He told me to keep it." I said. "And you did? Wow." He chuckles.

"What is your deal?" I asked him.

"My deal is that you basically left me for freaking Derek Hale." He says. "He just offered me a ride. And so what? It's not like you're my boyfriend." I said, recalling his words from earlier.

"So is this how it's going to be now?" He asks. Standing by the doorway. Hands in his pockets.

"Just please go. I'm tired. I just want to sleep." I said to him.

"Don't I get a goodnight kiss?" He asks, flirtiously.

"No." I said, attempting to shut the door.

"Okay then. I'll give you one though." He asks, before I could speak he crashes his lips into mine. I didn't know why I didn't pull away. I guess I just missed the way his lips was pressed on mine.

"Goodnight my love." He says.

"Goodnight Isaac." I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

//