d a r k n e s s

--Colline 

I regained my own strength to stand up, whilst still shivering. I moved to Derek, who was also shivering and was down on the ground. I broke his arm with every power I had right now. He shot up, eyes glowing blue. He saw me shivering, he took my one of my fingers and broke it. I felt strength flow through me. 

"What the hell were those?" Derek asks. "I have no idea." I said. Derek furrows his eyebrows as he touched the back of his ear. He turned my ear and said, "What number is on the back of my ear?" Derek asks, I turned his head, and saw the number 5. 

"The number 5, why?" I looked at him. "Because you too, have a number 5 on the back of your ear." He says. "Look, Colline. I have to tell you something. Something really important." Derek says. "It's about us." He adds.

 Before I could speak, Derek turned to the building and roared as loud as he could. Oh no, he knows about the party. With anger, he went inside the building and I hurriedly went after him. Derek opened the door to his loft. It was a very crowded place. A black light party. People's bodies were painted artistically. Derek went for the DJ as I hurried after him. 

He tried to go to the DJ but a bouncer stopped him. He talked with the bouncer but he grabbed him by the neck and threw him aside. He flipped the DJ's board as he yelled, "Get out!" 

The crowd like at him in disbelief then ran for the exits. Those five black people were there again. Aiden asked Danny to get Lydia out of here. Isaac and Allison entering, Ethan by their shoulders. Scott and Kira came down from the rooftop. The five people looked towards Aiden, walking towards him in sync. "Guys, they're all looking at me. Why are they all looking at me? Guys?"  

Derek and Scott got ready to fight, when I made my claws appear, Derek interfered, "No. Colline." I sigh, "I want to." I said. "Stay out." He growls as he threw me against the room. I hit my head pretty bad. "Colline!" Isaac ran to me, and that was my last vision. 

"You could've asked her nicely to stay out. You didn't need to throw her out like a chew toy!" I hear someone yell. "She would've insisted, she would've helped herself to die. I was doing what was necessary." It was Derek who replied. 

"Are you kidding Derek? Necessary? It almost got her hurt so bad. She would've suffered like Cora!" It was Isaac who was yelling at Derek. "Maybe you should stop judging her decisions and let her live for herself, just once." Isaac says. "If she does decisions by herself, she will get killed. Look at the pills, or the drugs she used. Her decision, Isaac. Hers." 

"It's because you left her." Isaac says. "I didn't leave on her. I gave up on us the second I left Beacon Hills. She was impossible. We were never going to work." Derek says as I hear a door open and close. Did what I hear was right? It sounded like Derek never loved me. His voice was cold. And there were no skips in his heart. The cold truth was  revealed. This is what Derek wanted to talk about the earlier outside the building. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. I was like trapped in my own head.

"Colline, please wake up. Please." I hear Isaac\s voice was near. I felt a warm hand wrap around my cold one. Kissing it softly. "Please."

I felt my eyes opened up to the light. I was back. I gasp left my lips as the cold air hit my body. I turned to my side, and saw Isaac, who was still holding my hand, and he had his head down. I felt tears hit my hand. Isaac was crying. "I love you Colline, you don't know how it hurts everytime you mention Derek. How it hurts to hear your heartbeat skip when you see him. How it hurts that when you're head over heels over him, when he just ended things with you. When you wake up, everything's going to be a wreck. You're going to be a wreck. But I won't mind, I'm going to fix you. Even if meant you have to tear me piece by piece because of your anger. I will be here and I won't leave. Ever. Because, because I love you." 

I gulped, even though I did not notice the lump forming in my throat. "And I know someday, you'll learn to love me too." Isaac says. 

"Isaac.." I whispered. "Oh gosh, I'm hearing your voice right now. I think I'm the one losing my mind here." He chuckles. "No, look up, idiot." I said. 

Isaac looked up, his eyes were watery, and looked like hasn't slept all day. "Oh god, you're awake." His lips curved into a smile as he hugged me.

;

"I'm fine, Isaac. You don't have to follow me everywhere." I said as I walked inside the house. "Oh but I do. I want to. I have to." Isaac counters. "Fine. Have it your way." I sigh. Isaac's phone rang as I sat down on the couch. 

"Alright, we'll be there." Isaac says as he hangs up. I was going to lay down but Isaac stopped me, "No. No. Get up, we have to go to the Argents'. They might know a way to stop these demonic warriors. Come on. Scott's there." Isaac says as he takes my hand leads me outside to the car parked outside. Sliding me in the passenger seat, and he goes in the driver's seat. 

On the drive to the Argents' was awfully quiet. We got into the floor of the penthouse as we entered the Argents' apartment. They were all in Chris' office. Scott saw me and hugs me. "I'm so glad you're alright." Scott says. 

Isaac and I sat on the chairs near Chris' table. Allison was there, tending Chris' wounds. "His eyes were glowing." Scott says. "There was something almost ritualistic about it. Like it was looking right into his soul." Chris responds. 

"That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac spoke. "That's what it did to everyone." Allison says. "Not everyone. They only came after the werewolves." Scott says. "And Lydia." Allison adds. "Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Chris says. "Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac asks. 

"A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only 18 and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise." Chris says. "Or your ability to survive." Allison adds. "The moment the sun went down it was like they just materialized out of the shadows. They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos." Chris explains. 

"What did they want?" Scott asks. "To get to the kumicho." Chris responds. "They cut down every living thing in their way." Chris adds. "Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac asks. "Not exactly." Chris replies. "What was he?" Scott asks. "I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic. And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down." Chris says. 

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found." Isaac says, pointing out Chris' wounds. "Not particularly, no." Chris sighs.  "You think he knows what they are? Or what they want?" Scott asks. "Maybe." Chris says as he stood up. "What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asks. "What if he doesn't even remember you?" Scott says. "He'll remember this." Chris pulled a box and opened it, revealing one of the demonic warrior's mask. "I know I didn't kill it. I'm not sure you can. But I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there." Chris says.

"What was behind the mask?" I asked. "Darkness. Absolute darkness." Chris replies.

//