w a t e r

--Colline

"Where are we really going?" I ask Isaac."This better not be a hostage." I say.  "I want you to close your eyes for this, alright?" Isaac says. "You know I'm a werewolf right? I have heightened senses." I say to him. "Let's just pretend that we're two normal teenagers, and I'm a normal boy, surprising my girl." Isaac says cheekily.

"Uh, no, I'm not anyone's girl." I say. "Not yet. Close your eyes baby girl." Isaac winks as he stops the car and goes out of it. 

I roll my eyes and just close it, I hear the car door open as Isaac held me in place, closing the car door. "No smelling." Isaac says. "What, am I not supposed to breathe?" I ask. "Just don't smell, we're almost there." 

As we were walking, I felt Isaac's arms slip out of my body. "Isaac?" No answer. I kept walking on my own. "Isaac?" I called out again. No answer. I can't smell anything, but water? "Isaac?" I called out once more. No answer. Okay, enough of this.

I opened my eyes, I was greeted by the sight of a lake and fairy lights, with food and other your typical date goals. The ones you see on the internet, basically. "This is so typical." I say to him.

"That's what we need once in a while, because we're not typical teenagers. We're werewolves. We don't spend our weekends getting drunk, we spend them by saving people. And for me, that's not typical." Isaac says. I neared him, "What are you trying to say?"

"I want to make you feel the things you haven't yet. Like going on a date-"

"Going against supernatural creatures?" I chuckle. "That. And the abc's of being a teen." He says.

"But we can't get drunk." Isaac says. "Yeah, Scott told me that, about us, not  getting drunk, it's about our healing ability." I say.

"Shall we eat?" Isaac asks. "We shall." I chuckle. I sat down with him. "You made all of this?" I asked. "Got a little help." He says. "From who?" I ask, eating a strawberry. "It's a secret." He says. "Tell me, at least." I pout. "You wouldn't believe." He chuckles.

"It's Derek isn't it?" I suggest, "Nope, it's actually your brother." Isaac admits. My eyes widen, "He was just telling me that I should be careful with you." I said. "Hm, maybe he did meant that." Isaac says. 

An hour of giggling and eating, I just realized something, "Hey can I ask you a question?" He catches a grape, "Shoot." He looked at me, "Why are you doing this?" His face dropped, "I already answered this." I quickly spoke up, "No, the being there for me always, this and just everything for the past months." 

"You're my friend, that's why." He replies. "I don't buy it." I say to him. "Then what do you believe I'm doing this for?" He asks, sitting up properly. "To make me fall for you." It almost came out as a whisper. He sighs, "Look, I know that you know what I feel for you, but that doesn't mean I want you to fall for me instantly." He stops, "I can wait. You don't have to rush feelings. It's okay." 

"What if I don't catch the same feelings for you, ever?" I ask, being pessimistic. "Well, that sucks." He chuckles. "But seriously, I wouldn't say it's fine, but it would really suck." He sighs. We were silenced for a while, until he stood up, "I'm gonna go breathe water." 

"You don't breathe water." I say. "I like the way it smells." His lips form a thin line and walks by the dock. Hands in his pockets. I could tell he was just inhaling the sharp questions and negative responses I gave him. I sigh and stood up, and followed him. "You wanna inhale it with me?" He asks, not turning around.

"I'm good." I stood there awkwardly for minutes. Is this the right time for me to say that I do feel the same about him? I know what I feel, but there's just something wrong. I really want to say it but I can't if I'm not really sure. "If you have something to say, just say it." Isaac says. Did he know what I was thinking? "What?" 

"Your heart is beating fast. Do you have something to say?" Isaac turns around now, facing me. "Uh, no. It's just the air here is cold." I look down. "I can give you a hug?" Isaac cheekily asks. "Paws off, Lahey." I giggle. "No seriously, come here." He opens his arms. 

I roll my eyes and neared him slowly. When I was an inch closer, I push him into the lake. Causing him to fall into the ice cold water. For a second I was worried because he hasn't come up yet. But the he comes up, gasping, "Colline! I can't swim." He says in between gasps. My eyes widen, "Oh my god, I am so sorry." I said as I jumped into the ice cold water as well.

I couldn't find Isaac once I was in the water. I felt two hands grab my ankles, "Oh god!" I yelled. A figure appeared behind me, "Hey." It was Isaac. "You liar!" I playfully slapped his chest. "Of course I know how to swim. My father's the coach at the swim team at Beacon Hills High." He adds, "Well at least he used to be."

The coldness started to wear off. "Lake sex?" Isaac playfully suggested. "No!" I sternly said. "Aww." Isaac pouted. "Come on, how long have you haven't had sex?" Isaac asks, "Like a week ago. How about you?" I asked. "Since the last time we had sex." He says casually. "That sucks." I splashed water to him. "You know, he's kinda hard right now-"

I cut him off by kissing him. Wrapping my arms around his torso, him harshly grabbing my bottom. Wait. What the hell am I thinking? I pull away and unwrap my legs. I look at him in regret and he looks at me, confused. "Why? What's wrong?" He asks me. "I don't know." I said. "What do you mean you don't know?" He stutters.

"You were just kissing me-" I cut him off, "I know. But there's something wrong-" He chuckles and just left the water. "Isaac." I called him. "He just ignores me and goes back to the food. I sigh and go out of the water as well. "Look, I'm sorry for kissing you like that-" 

"I'm not." He says. "Then why did you-" He cuts me off, again, "I'm just playing with you." He pokes me in my stomach, but he doesn't know I'm not ticklish, "You should know, I'm not ticklish." I said to him. He picks me up runs into the water again, "Oh my god! Isaac!" I yell. I held in my breath, as we came in contact with the water.

"Are you sure you don't want lake sex?" He asks, playfully. "I'm sure." I say. We both hear a phone ringing. We hurriedly went back to the food and it was Isaac's. Isaac answers, "Hello?"

"Isaac, it's Derek. I need you to come right now into the hospital." We hurriedly went back to the car and drove to the hospital.

When we were on our way, people were gathered everywhere? And Kira was there, electrical wires around her. "What's going on?" I murmur. We spot Derek and Isaac stopped the car. I was the first to go out, under my feet was a huge puddle of water. I was about to step in when Isaac yelled, "Colline, no!" Isaac pushed me out of the way and I landed on grass.

I turn to Isaac who was being electrocuted. He dropped to the ground and I immediately pulled him on dry land. I started pumping his chest for some kind of response. I see Scott and Derek nearing me. "Scott, he's not breathing." Derek says.

"No. We have to try something." I kept pumping his chest. "Colline." Derek says, removing my hands. "We have to take him inside." Scott says. "But he'll heal right?" I ask, "Yes. But it may take time."

We took Isaac inside, I spot Kira talking to Scott, where Kira was in a rush to leave, because of what everyone saw her do. Isaac was being pulled into the emergency room. Scott hugs me, while I stop the tears from falling.

//