t a l k s

》Colline

I woke up to someone shaking me awake. I opened my eyes, trying to clear up my vision. Once my vision cleared, I saw the eyes of Isaac.

"When did you get back?" I yawned. And sat up.

"A little while ago. You left the door unlocked." I furrow my eyebrows. "No, I didn't. I never leave the door-" I recalled everything that happened last night. "Unlocked.....Derek's so dead when I see him." I said to myself lowly.

"What - what about Derek?" Isaac asks me. "Derek's alive and that little punk must've slept on the couch and left when it was already dawn." I sighed.

"Are you sure he slept on the couch?" Isaac asks me.

"Yeah. What you'd think I'd let him sleep with me on my bed?" I scoffed, "No."

"Then why does your sheet smells completely like him?" Isaac asks.

I was confused. The last thing I remembered last night was flicking his forehead and strolling upstairs with a half-asleep mind. Darn it. My half-asleep mind must've done something stupid.

"Colline..."

"I don't know, okay! I was half-asleep last night when he probably slept beside me." I said to him.

"But you didn't sleep with him, right?" Isaac asks. "No. And even if I did, why would you care?" I told him.

"Well if I can't be your boyfriend," He paused as I glanced disgustingly at him. "Yet. I may as well act like a brother."

"It doesn't suit you, so stop it." I told him and he just frowns, "Look, I'm sorry about the words I said the other day. It just slipped out of my tongue. Please forgive me. I hate us being like this."

"Well," I got out of bed, "Listen to these words that are just going to slip right out of my mouth." He sighs. As I said, "You can do better than this apology, and until then, there is no us."

I left the room and went downstairs, only to be greeted by Decaulion by our doorstep.

"I was wondering if you and I could have a chat." Decaulion says, not moving at the corridor.

"What for?" I gulped nervously. "Ah, your young heart's beating wildly. You're afraid. Let's have our chat and we will calm that heart down." Decaulion says.

I started to walk towards him, only to be blocked by Isaac. "Isaac? What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?" Isaac asks back.

"Ah, a young beta, of course. Betas always have the damsels. And the alpha? Alphas have blood on their hands. Blood of their betas, that is." Decaulion happily said. Isaac growled. Isaac turns around to Decaulion, "She's not going anywhere. Not with you."

Decaulion enters, "I was hoping to be gentle today, for the lady. But since you arrogant betas always seem to get in the way. I'll offer you a deal," Isaac listened, still using his body as a human shield to me. "If you could take this cane away from me. I won't bother her again. If you don't. I'll still need our talk." Decaulion says.

"Deal." Isaac positioned himself. Decaulion handed out his cane.

It didn't last a minute when the cane's spear came in contact with Isaac's shoulder. Isaac groaned out in pain as I ran to him. "I can take him, Colline." He said to me.

"Are you an idiot? Of course you can't. I have to go with him Isaac, before he kills you." I said to him.

"She has a point, my young beta. I could kill you without the three of us having to blink. I'm a very patient man, but not a very merciful man." Decaulion says, still waiting.

"Be wise and stay safe." Isaac says. I nod to him as I walked towards to Decaulion.

"Leave the phone or I'll have to leave Isaac here with a going-away-present." Decaulion says.

I sighed and left my phone by the drawers. "Let's go." Decaulion turns around and walked. I strolled behind him.

"So, what is that we're going to talk about?" He lead me to the school's music room.

"You're a girl of wise choices. You've seen me a couple of times but never intended to kill me, even though I tried to kill your friends." He said.

"You're not really on my priority list of people I need to care about." I replied, gulping nervously.

"Out of all your friends. You're the one who managed to stay normal. The one who never gets called to help them with their plan, because it's you who they want to protect. Why? Because you're normal." Decaulion spoke, circling me. "You don't have supernatural healing or supernatural senses. You're a mortal, a mortal they all love. The mortal they will always protect."

"I don't want it." I said to him. He asks, confused. "Want what?"

"If you're persuading me to take the bite, I won't." I said. He chuckles, "Oh darling, I don't want you to have the bite. I like you just the way you are."

"Then what is it I am here for?" I asked him.

"I have a deal. A deal that will protect your friends."

"Protect from what? From you?" I spat.

"Yes. And for the greater evil that is coming." He says.

"What's the condition?" I asked. He sits down, "I never really understood love. The love for our partners that is. Is it real by the first time or just a spark that fades away by time?"

"It depends on how you feel. If you know it's real, you can't walk away. You can't leave it. Because it's real." I said.

"And how about what you feel for Derek Hale?" He asks.

"Excuse me?" I asked, surprised.

"Is your love for Derek Hale real or just a spark?" He asks. "I don't know." I replied.

I honestly don't know. Sure he's sweet, but he can be the guy everyone hates but he's also the guy everyone needs. I can't say I don't feel a thing for him. I can't say it's just a spark. Because a spark shouldn't have last this long or should be living in me right now.

"Derek Hale is not capable of love my dear, he will just break your heart right back. What you're feeling is heat. Desire. Desire for him to touch you. And once that's over. It's done. He'll look at you like you're the most disgusting thing on earth." Decaulion spat.

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because my dear, I want you to kill Derek Hale."

//