e l s e

9k reads! wow, thank you all so much. i love you all! :) x

//

--Colline

As soon as I got home, I see Scott and Isaac rushing out. "Hey, where are you guys going?" I asked them. "To find Stiles." Scott breathes. "What? Where is he?" I ask them. They both get on Scott's motorcycle, "We don't know, we're heading over his house to find a scent." Scott says. Before I could ask anything else, they both rode off.  I got in my car again and went to mom, just so she's informed. 

I was about to get off the car, my phone buzzed. "Heading to the station, Stiles is still missing. Where are you?" -Isaac. I went out of the car and saw Stiles' jeep was parked there. I texted Isaac quickly. "At hospital. Stiles'  jeep is here. Tell them." I put my phone back in my pocket and neared Stiles' jeep. No one was there. Though, it smells pretty bad. 

I went inside the hospital and I see mom on the counter. "Mom!" I called out to her. "Colline? What's going on?" She asks, running to me. "Was Stiles here?" I asked her. "I don't know. I was on break. Why?" She asks. "Stiles' jeep is parked outside, and he's nowhere to be found." I told her. "I'm gonna go look around." I added.

She nodded and I ran, looking room to room. I went to the top of the building, seeing Derek. "He's not here. Not anymore. " Derek spoke. "You mean the whole building?" I ask him. Itexted Isaac again, "Stiles not in the hospital."  

"How did you know he was here?" I asked Derek. "Scent. And notice how strong the scent is up here? Ever hear of chemo signals? Chemical signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel." Derek replied. I did what he said and it smelled weird and disgusting, at least for werewolves.

"Stress." I said. "And anxiety." Derek adds. "What was he doing up here?" I asked. " don't know. But there was definitely some kind of struggle." Derek says. "With who?" I asked. "Himself."

--Stiles

"Who's there? Who are you?" I said, my voice shaking, the bear trap still in my leg, Someone was here and I wasn't alone. His voice was deep and he seems so far yet so close. "What?" I asked out loud, he was speaking some kind of other language, like, Japanese or Chinese or something. "I don't I don't understand." My voice shakes, I was cold. Like super cold. Like freezing to death. 

"Not who are you, Stiles. Who are we?" The voice now speaks again. His voice was close, but all I kept seeing was darkness. I groan in pain as the trap felt deeper inside. Probably because of the cold. "It's getting colder, Stiles. Did you notice that we've stopped shivering? Do you know why that's a bad sign?" The voice speaks, again. Why does he keep saying we?! "It's the body trying to conserve energy. It was my fifth grade science report. Hypothermia." I said. 

"Our speech is starting to thicken. Then comes fatigue. Confusion. We're going to die if we don't get out of here." Then why the hell don't you help me? I thought. "Stop saying that. Stop saying we. We're just trying to keep you from freezing to death. You better get up, Stiles." The voice taunts. Or more like teasing. Who is this? What is he doing to me?

"How? There's a freaking steel-jawed trap on my leg!" I raised my voice. 

"Is there?" I looked down, it was still there, and it hurts even more. "Notice something different? It was on your right leg before, wasn't it?" The voice says. "What is this? What are you doing?" I cried out.  "We're trying to save you, Stiles. We're trying to save your life."

"You know that pretty girl, what's her name? Colline. She used to be my favorite." He spoke. "W-What do you mean?" I quiver. "I wanted to be close to her, but she became a werewolf. A strong one. Not fitting." The voice says. "Luckily I have you, Stiles. We have you." I furrow my eyebrows, before I even speak again, he spoke again,

"You don't understand, do you? It's a riddle. Do you know any riddles, Stiles?" He asks. I was still weak off my ass. A few. "What gets bigger the more you take away?"  He asks. "A hole." I answer. 

"What gets wetter the more it dries?"

"A towel." 

"When is a door not a door?"

"When it's ajar."

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it."  

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it, Stiles?" He repeated the question. "I don't I don't know." I grunt. "Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." He repeats the question over and over again. I answer the same one over and over again.  He was getting closer, and the pain and the cold was too painful to bear. "No! No! No! No!" I yell. I was unable to move. I yell over and over again. 

I didn't realize I was asleep until someone was shaking me. "Stiles, you're all right! Okay! You're all right. Stiles, you're all right." It was Melissa and Rafe. Scott's parents. I was in sleep paralysis and I was sleepwalking? What is wrong with me? 

--Colline

"They found Stiles. They're heading here right now." I said to Isaac. "Allison received voice messages from an unknown source. It was speaking in an unknown language. Probably Japanese or something." Isaac says. "Maybe we can translate it to someone who knows a lot of languages." 

"Lydia?" Isaac asks, "I'm not sure Lydia wants to talk to anyone right now." I said. Isaac looks at me confused, "She and Aiden went to this mental institution, Eichen House. That's where the banshees lead her. But Stiles wasn't there." I told him. "Maybe she was there to find something else." 

"That's what I told her. But she still seems confused. And-" 

"Colline?" It was Scott.

"Scott."I run to him and hug him. Stiles was entered into a room, he was asleep and he looked so, dull. "He's sleeping now. And he's just fine. He doesn't remember much." Mom says. "It's a bit like a dream to him." She adds. "Thank you." The Sheriff says to my dad.

"It was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out. I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. It's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone." Dad says. "No, it was more than that. Thank you." The Sheriff says.

"It was a lucky connection." Dad tried to keep on, "McCall, can you shut up please and accept my sincerest gratitude." The Sheriff says annoyingly. "Accepted." My dad smiles. "All right, you four." You've got school in less than six hours. Go home. Go to sleep." 

"Okay." We all said in unison. "I don't know what happened. I was so sure." Lydia says, still bummed that she wasn't much help. "Yeah, I wasn't much help either. Doesn't matter, if he's okay." Scott says. "Do you hear something?" Lydia says. "No?" I replied. "Why? What do you hear?" I ask her. She looked at me. "Nothing. I heard nothing." Lydia says as she walks off.

"Let's all go home, yeah?" Scott says. "Yeah. Let's go do that." I say as Scott, Isaac and I walk to our vehicles. Isaac went to me and slid inside the driver's seat before I could.

Scott looked at us in a weird way. I sighed, "What's wrong?" I neared him.  Isaac started the engine, "At least he knows when to not listen." Scott says. "Why are you like that?" I asked. "I saw you get hurt before, with Derek. And now you're going to Isaac now? Colline." Scott says.

"I'm not. I mean yes, I'm with Isaac all the time. That does not mean I am catching feelings already. He says he loves me but-"

"Do you feel the same?"

"I don't know what to feel."

"I just don't want you to get hurt. I know now what love does to you." Scott says. "This is about Allison, isn't it?"

"Don't rush it." Scott says. He hops on his bike and drives off. I slid in the passenger seat. "Before we go home, can I take you somewhere?" Isaac asks. "Depends on where." I say.

"What if I told you it was a surprise?" Isaac says. "Then a surprise it shall be." I smiled at him. I put on my seat belt and we drove off.  

//

leave a vote? x