g o n e

--Colline

Deaton was right. Dying did have a consequence. A heart of immense darkness. After Derek left, I've been having nightmares, I would scream in the middle of the night, thinking it was real. I would look in the mirror and see Jennifer, her heart in my hands as she tried to tear my throat apart. I would have zero control over my shifting. Even though Scott has been helping me. Was Jennifer haunting me? Or did death really have a price?

"You've been like this for months, Colline. Screaming in the middle of the night. Shifting in your sleep. You scream like you're being tortured. You lost control of your shifting when you..and Derek stopped your communication." Isaac says. "He's your anchor isn't it?"

"It doesn't matter. Help me tonight, alright? I don't want to hurt anyone." I said to him, walking out the door to go to school. I got into my car as I drove to school. As I was driving, my phone rang. "Hello?" I put the phone between my shoulder and ear. But no answer. "Hello?"

I turned to the road and saw Jennifer in her scarred form, I instantly made the car stop and took an unexpected turn. I hear the wheels screech as the car engine stopped. I panted. I turned to the road, no one was there. What was happening to me? Is this guilt? I shook off all the thoughts and continued to drive to school. Once I got to school, I was greeted by Stiles. "It's happening to you too, isn't it?"

"Well, good morning to you too." I said, locking the car and I walked with Stiles. "Have you been seeing things? Or something weird happening to you?" Stiles asks. "I see Jennifer from time to time. It's like she's haunting me. And I have zero control over my shifting." I said to him. "But isn't that normal? You're a new werewolf."

"A few weeks after we died, Scott taught me to control my shifting. I did for two full moons. But I lost it. I lost control. Scott doesn't know because I haven't told him. I have Isaac helping me to get through the rest of the full moons. And I see Jennifer when I close my eyes. Everywhere. It's like I'm being haunted." I said. "What about you?" I asked him.

"I get all of a sudden dyslexic, and I see things as well." Stiles says. Flashes of Jennifer's scarred face appeared in my mind. Her screaming and the way she slashes my body in my nightmares got me weak. I started to lose myself in the nightmare. As I felt myself that I was about to fall. "Hey. Hey, you all right? You don't look all right, Colline." Stiles says. "I'm okay."

"No, you're not. We died and and this is the price. Darkness is around us." Stiles says. "How'd you know?" I ask him. "Because it's happening to all three of you. Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one." Lydia cuts in. "We're not crazy." Allison says. "Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine." Lydia says sarcastically.

"You guys did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?" Scott says. Thee school bell rings as Stiles says, "We keep an eye on each other. Okay? And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much."

"What?"

;

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things? And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles asks, as we all sat down a table outside. "And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison adds. "They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac adds. " Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles shoots a glare at Isaac "For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." Isaac responds.

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that?" Stiles asks. "Yeah, maybe I am still milking that." Isaac says. "Colline, tell Isaac to shut up." Stiles says. Before anyone could speak, someone went up to our table and spoke, "Hi. Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death." She says.

"And what do they call you?" Lydia says a bit harsh to the girl. "Kira. She's in our History class." Scott says. "So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asks Kira "Either, I guess. But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities." Kira explains furthermore.

"Wrathful deities? And what are those?" Isaac asks. "Like demons." Kira responds. "Demons. Why not?" Stiles says. "Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison asks. "Death. You die." Kira says simply.

"Scott and Stiles are out somewhere. And if it's somewhere, I'm sure it's not the woods." I said to Isaac. "You best be sure. Scott has enough reasons to tear my head on the spot." Isaac says. "Don't be such a scaredy cat out of my brother." I teased him. "I'm not a scaredy cat. His red glowing eyes just gets me." Isaac says.

I turned to him, wide-eyed. "Get you?" I asked again. "Isaac Lahey, are you into my brother?" I asked him. His eyes went wide, "God, no!"

"Yes you are-"

I felt my feet slip off the log, I closed my eyes for the incoming impact on the ground, but I felt something soft behind my back, and a breathing close to me. Isaac had caught me. His face was close to mine.

"Careful." Isaac breathes. Just then, I heard growling, I looked over to Isaac, a coyote. "Isaac.." I whispered to him. Isaac looked behind us. "Crap. Can that thing tear us apart?" Isaac whispers. "Maybe."

"Then we have to shift." Isaac says. "Not if it tears us first." The coyote growled louder as it came near us, just then, a figure jumped in front of us as Isaac and I tumbled down to the ground. 

"Crap." Isaac whispers. "Colline? Isaac? What are you two doing here? Why are there chains?" Scott walks over to us, Scott helped me up as well as Isaac. Scott looked at us both for an explanation. I chewed on my bottom lip as I looked around nervously. "Colline? Isaac? What's going on?" Scott asks again.

"I was having problems with my shifting. I can't control it sometimes. I have zero control over my shifting. So, every full moon, I went to Isaac for help, to chain me up until the full moon is over." I said to Scott. "This has something to do with you dying right? What else has been happening to you?" Scott asks. "I see Jennifer everywhere. Every time I shut my eyes, I feel like she's trying to strangle me. Kill me by the throat." I said.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" Scott asks. "I thought I was becoming a liability to you-"

"Colline, you're never a liability to me. You're my priority." Scott says. "Really? Because the moon is about to reach it's apex and I'm about to shift in the next few minutes."

//

shitty ending i know :((((