j o i n e d

-- Colline

"What? Scott went with Deucalion?!" I exclaimed, as Stiles and I walk down the hallway. "Shhh. Calm down." Stiles shushed me. "No, I'm not going to calm down. My brother is out there with an alpha, who tried to kill our friends. And freaking used me as a murder weapon. And could've possibly taken both of our parents!" I said. 

"We're trying to find a way to find both of our parents, we're gonna try talk to Lydia." Stiles says. "I gotta go." Stiles added. "Wait. What do I do?" I ask him. "Nothing, just stay safe. Stay out. You could get hurt. Scott wouldn't want that." Stiles says as he kisses my forehead and leaves. 

I sighed as I spotted Isaac running towards the exit, with Allison. "Isaac!" I called him. "Colline? What are you doing here?" Isaac asks, panting. "Well it's a school. Where you heading?" I asked him and Allison. "We need to save lives." He replies as he starts to run again. "Cool, I'll come with." I said as I tried to walk towards them. 

"No, it's dangerous. You could get hurt. Just stay out, okay? I don't want you to get hurt." Isaac says. "I've been dangerous, Isaac-" 

"Just stay out!" Isaac yells as he and Allison leaves. I chewed on my inside lip as the bell rang, and I went to my first class. But then I thought, I'm not going to stay out. This is my mother's life on the line. I'm not going to just stay out. I'm gonna fight for her life. 

I went out of school and went back to the house. I grabbed my mother's pillow and tried to catch a scent. Damn it, there's no scent. I can't help. I have no one by my side, right now. But I can't leave town now. Now that lives are being taken. Now that my mother's life is on the line, my brother making very stupid decisions and people pushing me away and telling me what to do. And I went to the only person who knew so much, Deaton. 

"But Jennifer needs three, who's the other one?" I said to Deaton, "Any guardian. But I'm assuming it's Chris Argent. Regarding that name was written on the elevator doors in red paint or probably blood at the hospital." Deaton replies.

"Is there a way to stop it? Without having to the Nemeton?" I ask Deaton. "There's no way. Everything goes back to the Nemeton. But there is a way to find the Nemeton. But it's dangerous." Deaton says.

"What is it?" I ask him. Just then, his phone rang. "Allison's dad was taken." Deaton sighs. "We have to do something. The lunar eclipse is tomorrow. She'll have enough time to kill. Since all werewolves are useless at that time." I said to Deaton. "There is a way. But it's very dangerous." Deaton says, "There is a way, where your parents don't have to die for the Nemeton. There can be substitutes, but substitutes have to be the ones close to them-"

"Offsprings." I said. "We're the substitutes. We're the ones who have to die." 

;

"All right, how do we do this?" I ask Deaton, as Stiles, Allison and I were in the woods. Scott was with us. Managing to leave Deucalion's side for a minute.

"Essentially, you, Allison, and Stiles need to be surrogate sacrifices for your parents." Deaton explains. "That means they have to die, no, I'm not letting it Colline." He says, "I have to. It's for mom. I haven't been much use and everyone has been pushing me away ever since I became a werewolf. I need to do this, Scott." I said to him.  "But he can bring us back. You can... you can bring us back, right?" Stiles cut in.

"You remember the part where I said it was dangerous? If it goes right, the three of you will be dead for a few seconds, but there's something else you need to think about. This is a dangerous thing for more reasons than one. You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet. It attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill the pages of a bestiary with. It will draw them here, like a beacon." Deaton explains. "Doesn't sound any worse than anything we've already seen." Stiles responds.

"So basically, we'll be drawing unknown creatures, here? Here in Beacon Hills?" I asked,  Deaton nods. "You'd be surprised at what you have yet to see." Deaton spoke.

"Is that it?" Scott asks. "No. It'll also have an effect on the three of you. You won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it every day for the rest of your lives. It'll be a kind of a darkness around your heart, and permanent, like a scar." Deaton explains to us. 

"Like a tattoo." Scott mumbles.

Within an hour, we were all gathered at the animal clinic, things in our hands that gives us a connection to our parents. Lydia, Isaac, Scott, Stiles, Allison and I were inside. Scott by my side, spoke, "I'm sorry if I have never been the supportive and protective brother I'm meant to be." I smiled at him, "You've always been that brother. You're supporting my decision now. You have trust in me." 

"All right. What did you bring?" Deaton spoke. Stiles spoke first, "Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great." "Well, it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning. Is that an actual silver bullet?" Deaton says, as he looked at the silver bullet in Allison's hand.  " My dad made it. It's kind of a ceremonial thing. When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code." Allison explains. 

"Colline?" Deaton turned his attention to me, "It's a gift from my mom when I first got here. She was supposed to give it to me before I left Beacon Hills. It's a lapis lazuli pendant. She said it was passed down to every female in the family." I said, clutching the pendant in my hand. 

"Okay, the three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you're essentially... Well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether. Lydia... You go with Stiles." Deaton says. "Isaac, go with Colline. Scott, go with Allison." 

We got into the ice bath, I felt my the coldness in my ankles, as I soaked down on the ice bath, letting out a deep breath to take all the coldness in. "Be careful, all right? I don't want to lose you." Isaac whispers. All my anger on him drained out when he said that. Then, Stiles spoke to me; "By the way, if I don't make it back, and you do, you should probably know something. Your dad's in town." 

Me and Scott looked at each other wide-eyed, as Deaton signaled go, I let out another deep breath as I felt myself go down into the icy cold water, slowing everything down, as I held closer onto the pendant. I felt darkness, surround me. I was dead.

//