v i s i t

--Colline

I walked out of the basement. Away from everyone. The fox doesn't just come out like that. This has to be some kind of trick. I see Lydia and Allison by the lockers. I walk up to them. "Where were you? You missed first period." Lydia says. "An emitter was placed at the basement. Followed it. And the rest sucks."

"What emitter?" Allison asks. "One of yours." I say. "What? Emitters are kind of hidden in our house." Allison says. "We have to warn them." Allison says, walking to them. I stopped her, "You'll waste your time."

"Wait. Why is Peter talking to your mom?" Allison says, turning to Lydia. Lydia looks right away. Nearing the two adults just so she could hear. I adjusted my hearing. Peter was talking about hearing tests.

"Why were you talking to him?" Lydia asks her mother as soon as Peter left. "Because he started talking to me." Her mother replies "He's from the health department." She adds. Lydia says in a sarcastic tone, "Oh, really? That's what he said?"

"Yes, really. They're scheduling hearing tests with the students." I furrow my eyebrows. "Hearing tests? He was talking about hearing?" Lydia asks, confused. "Yes, hearing. I'm guessing we should sign you up." Her mom says. "He gave me his card."

"Mom, this is a piece of paper with a phone number written on it." Lydia sighs. "I know. Still got it." And she walks away.

Lydia walks back to Allison and I. "We're going to Peter." Lydia announces. Slamming her locker shut.

We took Lydia's car. Allison drove. We were all quiet. No one wanted to ask Lydia why she wanted to see Peter. Is it about what happened about finding Stiles? She still thinks she's a failure. The three of us walked into the building. I couls remember the last time I was here. Derek telling me about Isaac. And how I felt about him.

"While it's smart to bring us with you, I still think the rest of this is totally insane." Allison spoke. "I tried to find Stiles and I led everyone into a mental institution. I call that a colossal failure." Lydia excuses. "Maybe Stiles was really there. My dad has a theory that Stiles was still sleeping when he called Scott. Maybe in his dream, he was there." I said.

"Or maybe the banshees wanted you to he there for another reason." Allison says. "Look, I just need to figure this out and he's the only one offering help." Lydia says. Allison furrows her eyebrows. "Peter doesn't offer help. He offers a chance for you to be manipulated into giving him what he wants." She says.

"Fine. Let's see what he wants." Lydia looks at both of us as she opens the door to Derek's loft. "The hunter and the banshee and the lovely other werwolf McCall. Ladies, come in." Peter greets.

"They both go." Peter says immediately. "The last time I was alone with you... I almost bled out on a lacrosse field. They stay." Lydia says. "Do you actually think I was trying to kill you when I bit you? You were my backup plan, remember? Not to mention, the bite is what brought out your nascent abilities. You think power like that was going to come out on its own?" Peter says. He adds, "I'm the spark that lit your fire, sweetheart."

"You attacked her and nearly killed her." Allison says. I just realized I don't know how Lydia became a banshee. "Wait, Lydia became a banshee because of you?" I ask.

Peter smiles, "Amazing, isn't it?" He turns to Allison, "Power doesn't come without a little pain and struggle."

"I didn't ask for it." Lydia says. "But you're embracing it now, aren't you?" Peter immediately speaks. "How about the fact that you brainwashed her and used her to bring yourself back to life?" Allison says. "What? Wait, you died?" I ask. "Killed and revived by Derek."

He turns to Lydia, "So that I could be here today to help you master your abilities. Isn't it amazing how things come full circle?"

"He's insane. We're leaving." Allison grabs Lydia and started to walk out. "You want the truth, Lydia? It's not the scream that gives you power. All the scream does is help drown out the noise, allowing you to hear what you really need to." Peter says making Lydia turn. "I can help you focus your hearing."

"But you want something in return."

"No, I'm dedicating my life to helping out narcissistic teenage girls. Of course I want something in return."

"I am so not narcissistic." I tell him. "No, you aren't, just quiet." I roll my eyes at him.

He walks to a table, grabbing a wood container. He spread what was inside. Claws. "Are those..claws?" I ask. "Your supposed-to-be-mother-in-law's claws." Peter says. "These are the claws of Derek's mother?" Lydia asks. "My sister, Talia. Before she died, she stole a memory from me. It's something only a very powerful alpha can do. That memory is locked inside those claws." Peter explains.

"Why would your sister want to steal a memory from you?" Lydia asks. "Well, if I remembered the memory, I might be able to tell you."Peter says, sarcastically. Lydia sighs, "So what am I supposed to do?"

"I want you to find out the memory. Banshees talk here and there. They know. Get help." Peter says. Lydia sighs. First holding the claws in her hands. But setting them out again. This continued for a few minutes.

Peter grew impatient and said, "Focus."

"I am focusing!" Lydia says. "You're not! I can see the wheels spinning behind your eyes. Your hearing is attuned to a level of the universe no one else can hear. But only if you're listening." Peter says, a bit of rage in his voice. "I'm trying."

"Try harder!" Peter was about to near Lydia when Allison put a electroshock device by his neck. "Your aunt had one of those. Aunty Kate." Peter teased. "Stop it. Both of you." Lydia says, trying to focus. "Didn't do her much good as I ripped her throat out, did it? She didn't shove it up your..." Peter tried to continue but Lydia screamed, "Stop it!" Throwing the claws. Landing them on a piece of wood like darts.

I could her Lydia's panting. "Lydia?" I called. "Lydia? Lydia, did you hear something? What is it? What are they saying? Is it the memory? What did Talia take from me? Tell me what she knew!" Peter rushes. Lydia looks at him, "You're not just an uncle."

Peter was shocked as well, "Tell me more! Where is the child? Was it a boy? A girl? Born a wolf?" I was shocked as well. Lydia panicked, "I said I don't know. I don't know its name, if it's a boy or a girl or if it's some mutated wolf baby." I could hear the skips in Lydia's heart. She was lying. "You're lying. Tell me what you know. " Peter kept nearing Lydia. I was about to take Peter when Allison appeared behind him with the electroshock device. Tell me.

"Now we're leaving." Allison says. "Lydia!" I could hear Peter's scream.

//