u n e x p e c t e d

--Colline

Scott went to school, I was left with Isaac, Allison and Chris. We were planning how to get to Katashi. How to talk to him. Ask him about these demonic warriors.

"The real problem is Katashi doesn't see visitors. Ever. He's a paranoid recluse who rarely steps outside the gates of his estate." Chris says. "So how are you going to get to him?" Isaac asks. "Oh, he's got a thing for rare, antique weapons." Chris says as he opens his cabinet, and pulls out a glass box with an antique gun in it.

"Yesterday, I had some contacts put out the word that I was selling one from my own collection. This is a French Flintlock Turnover Pistol from 1645." Chris says. "You're not going alone." Allison says. "They might have a werewolf. I'm going." I say. "If she's going I'm going." Isaac says. "To be honest, I don't feel good about bringing the three of you." Chris looks at the three of us. "They were looking right at Scott when the sun came up." Isaac says.

"Well, that doesn't necessarily mean he's the one they're going after." Chris says. "But if he is?" Allison says. "If he is, that might only leave us till nightfall to come up with a way to protect him." Chris says. "All right. Let's go see if a paranoid yakuza wants to put another gun in his collection." Isaac says.

On our drive there was quiet. Probably because were with an adult. It was a long drive to be honest. Once we got there, Chris texted the contact he had to Katashi if Katashi could do the buy in person. As we were waiting for the reply, it was also awkwardly quiet again. The phone buzzed, Chris receiving a text that Katashi won't do the buy in person.

"But he's a paranoid recluse. Shouldn't you be a little less surprised?" Isaac says. "I was trying to remain optimistic that we wouldn't have to go to my Plan B." Chris says looking at us both at the backseat. "Plan B? And what's Plan B?" Isaac asks. "How tall are you?" Chris asks. "And Colline, do you have any experiences with men?"

We looked at him confused as Chris opened the trunk, still thinking what was Plan B.

"No way, I am not going to wear this." I looked at the dress at the back of the trunk. "Just try it on, it won't be that short." Allison says as she went to his dad to leave us get dressed. I tried on the red dress, as well as the studded heels.

"So I'm going to seduce my way into those Japanese men?" I ask, still trying to pull the dress down. "If you keep pulling that dress down it will reveal more." Allison says. "I think you look hot. You can do this, Japanese men are sometimes vulnerable to sexiness." Allison jokes the last sentence. I went out of the car and walked over to where the map of the whole place Chris had.

"Katashi's office is here." Chris points to a part in the map. "So, I'm going to seduce men to step out of my way?" I ask. "No, you seduce them and then get them out of your way." Chris says. Before anyone could speak,

Isaac got finished dressing and said, "Guys. This isn't going to work. I look ridiculous. I mean I look like I just stepped out of the last period of a Catholic prep school. And there is no way that I'm going be able to remember all this. I mean, what does this even mean? "Revolving over and under barrels?"."

"All you have to do is keep them talking long enough to allow us to get inside and find Katashi. He may not be there for the buy in person but He won't be far." Chris says, looking at Isaac's attire.

"You look great." I say to him. "I am sweating, all the way through my jacket. I didn't even know that I could sweat this much." Isaac says.

"Give us a second." I say to Chris and Allison as we went to the back of the car, "You're going to do fine. You're not a boy if you walk in there, acting like a man." I said, tucking the white polo in his pants. "Go in there with confidence, and all they'll see is a boyish looking man."

"Or a stupid teenage boy pretending to be a man, I'm going to get my head blown off by a bunch of fingerless Japanese mobsters-"

I cut him off of his babbling by kissing him on the lips, leading his his hands to my butt, giving it a hard squeeze. Deepening in the kiss, as I felt him squeeze my butt harder. I pulled away for a moment, "How do you feel now?" I ask him.

;

--Scott

"Could you lock the door?" I said as Kira and I enter the house. I'm taking her here so I can protect her from these demonic warriors. "Yeah." Kira says as she locks the door. "We're running out of time." Kira adds. "I know. But Allison, her dad and Isaac are working on something that could help." I assure her as I lock the windows.

"I don't want to sound pessimistic or anything, but you really think that's going to keep them out?" Kira asks.. "Actually, we have a kind of security system. Things happened a couple of weeks ago, a lot of things, and we had my boss help make a few changes to the house." I said to her. "Your boss? Do you work for a security company or something?" Kira asks. "No, he's a veterinarian." I admit.

"You had a vet put in your alarm?" Kira asks, almost unbelievably. "Yeah, sort of. But I can't arm it. Only my mom can." I replied. "Where's she?" Kira asks. "Don't worry. She'll be here." I assured her, after done locking the windows and doors, she was behind me the whole time, when I turned around, I accidentally bumped into her. "Oh! Sorry." I apologized.

"We're going to be okay. I promise." I said to her. "We? Or me?" She asks. "All of us." I cleared. "You didn't bring the twins here because you didn't want them to get hurt." Kira says. "I don't want anyone getting hurt. Then why did you bring me?" She asks. "If those things are coming after you, and anyone who gets in the way gets killed, then shouldn't I be somewhere else?" She adds.

"I'm not letting you get hurt." I said to her. "And I don't want you getting hurt. Especially because of me." She said. "It could be either of us." I replied. "I don't think so. I have to show you something." She said, as she sits down on the bed. "Have you ever heard of something called a kitsune?"

"That looks like what happened to you at the power station." I point to a picture, that resembled my memory of what happened to her, absorbing all that electricity.

"When a kitsune rubs its tails together it can create fire or lighting. It's called foxfire." She explains. I look at her, about to ask. "I don't have any tails." She responds. "How'd you know what I was thinking?" I asked, surprised by her immediate response.

"Because kitsune are also psychic. I can hear all of your thoughts." She says.

I looked at her in slight surprise, "Just kidding." She suddenly adds.

"The sun's setting." Kira points out. "Ah. Yeah, I know." I say to her, seeing the sun set by the window. "Are you scared?" I asked her. "Not right now. I'm supposed to be back before dinner." She says. "Tell them you can't make it." I say to her.

"What should I say?" She smiles a bit. "Say, uh, you're going on a date." I say, lightly blushing on saying that. "Are you sure that's a good idea? You know, foxes and wolves don't really get along." Kira says, turning a page on the book she had on her hands. The picture resembles wolves teaming up on a kitsune.

"That's just a drawing. In a children's book." I say, closing the book. "My mom's back." I say as I here the door shut.

As we went downstairs, it wasn't my mom. It was my dad. "What are you doing here? And why do you still have a key?" I ask, a bit of rage in my voice.

"Funny you mention keys. Because while I have a key to this house, I'm not exactly sure how you got a key to my office." He says, as he turned his laptop to us, revealing a picture of Kira and I at his office. The night we went to get Kira's phone.

//

short chapter. i knoooow :((((