n e m e t o n

--Colline

I gasped as I went out of the ice bath, all around me was white, Allison and Stiles by my side. They've also awoken. We went out of the ice bath and looked afar to see there was a huge stump in the room. As we neared it, I traced my fingers to the wood of the stump, as I felt memories flash. 

- four years ago -

"Colline, wait up!" Scott says, "Hurry! Before mom notices we're gone." I said, carefully taking steps. "Alright, alright." Scott says, finally catching up with me. I jumped off the log as I faced a wolf. I gasped. "Colline, keep moving or we're going to get caught!" Scott says, but as he saw the wolf, he took a step back. 

He grabbed my forearm as we ran back deep into the woods. "Colline, hurry!" I looked back and saw the wolf was chasing behind us. Scott gripped my forearm tighter, as he ran faster. But soon, his grip was lost as I fell on the ground, face first. "Colline! Watch out!" I turned around and saw the wolf was infront of me, growling. "Colline, watch out. It's not a wolf. It's a coyote." Scott whispers. 

My breathing went wild as the coyote neared me, but I stood up and ran, I stepped onto a huge stump as the coyote couldn't come any closer. The coyote ran far. As I was still stepping on the huge tree stump. 

"Colline, let's go!" Scott grabbed my arm as we ran back to the house. 

I looked from afar as I watched 12 year old me and  14 year old Scott. The day where we thought we'd hunt for wolves was fun. But we couldn't find any so we went back to the house but got chased by a coyote. The Nemeton. It was the tree stump I stood on to protect myself from the coyote. I felt myself slowly drifting from the memory as I felt myself gasp for air. I was back again. I went out of the ice bath as Stiles and Allison did too. 

"I found it. It's a huge tree stump." I said. "I found it too. Scott and I passed it as we went looking for a body." 

"I was there too. In the car with my mother. We almost hit someone." Allison adds. "It was me. You almost hit me." Scott says. As the four of them stood by the doorway. "We can find it." I said. But they all looked at each other. "What?" 

"You guys were out for a long time." Isaac says, "How long is a long time?" Stiles asks. "16 hours." Deaton responds. "We've been in the water for 16 hours?" Stiles repeats.

"And the full moon rises in less than four." Deaton says. 

Scott and I went back to the house, as I went to my room, my phone rang. "Hello?" I spoke into the phone. "Colline. Can you come to the loft? I kinda need you." Derek spoke into the phone. "Why what's wrong?"

"I helped Cora from her illness. I took her pain. I used that spark that made me an alpha. Which took away my alpha status. And the full moon rises in four hours and Kali is on her way to force my decision. I need you, please. Please just be here." His voice was quivering. I swallowed the lump in my throat that I didn't know I had.

"Okay, I'll be there." I said to him. "I'll wait." He says, before hanging up. I started to walk down the stairs, but Scott stopped me, holding my arm. "Where do you think you're going? you're not going anywhere." Scott says. "I have to go help Derek." I said as I put on Derek's jacket and went downstairs. "I won't let you. Derek is capable of taking care of himself." Scott says, "You haven't heard have you?" I told him.

"What?" Scott asks. "Derek's not an alpha anymore. He helped Cora, and he took her pain away. A lot of it. It took away his alpha status. Kali is on her way now to force his decision. I have to help him. The lunar eclipse is tonight, and we'll all be powerless, Scott. And I'm sure Kali is fully charged and will have enough power to kill Derek." I explained to him. 

Scott loosens his grip on my arm, as he said, "Be careful. Kali's an alpha. She's powerful." I reply, "I'll be careful. You too, Scott. Deucalion can be manipulative, so don't trust him. Let him the bait, like Deaton says." Scott nods. He pulled me into an embrace. "I love you, remember that." Scott says. 

;

"Derek, you can't face Kali, not with your beta status. She will end you." I said to him. "We know about the lunar eclipse, So don't think kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field. She's coming, and my brother's coming with her." Ethan speaks, Lydia by her side.

 "Good enough for me. Derek?" Peter says as he turns to Derek. "You want me to run?"Derek says. "No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish." Peter sarcastically says. "Of course I want you to run. Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town." Peter continues.

 "If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me, but do it for something meaningful." Cora says to her brother.

"How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek speaks. "We don't, but I'll bet she has an idea. Don't you, Lydia?" Peter responds. "I don't know anything." Lydia says. "But you feel something, don't you?" 

"What do you feel?" Derek asks Lydia "I feel like... I'm standing in a graveyard." Lydia says.

"Derek, you have to go. Or Kali will kill you." I said to him. As he was second guessing to leave town. He really did want to fight Kali. But everyone knows he can't. He doesn't have the power to. "What if you get killed? Huh?" Derek says, raising his voice. "Ethan and I can take Kali and Aiden. We'll do everything we can to stop Kali from finding out where you are, until you're at least a hundred miles away." I reassured him. 

"Be careful, okay?" He says, as he loads his bags onto the car. "I will. Now go." I said to him, as he was about to get into the car, he cupped my face and kissed me passionately. We pulled away, "I'll call when all of this is over, alright?" I say to him. He nods as Peter and I watch them drove away. "Do you love him?" Peter asks.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is the alpha in the building." I said, as I went inside the building, I walked into the loft. Kali and Aiden was there already. "Where is he?" Kali asks, clearly pissed.  "I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping, run a few errands, The usual...werewolf afternoon." Lydia reasons. "Who do you think you're talking to?" Kali narrows her eyes at Lydia "Someone in desperate need of a pedicure. I'd be happy to give you a referral." Lydia responds. 

Kali nears Lydia, as Aiden growled, "Did someone take their little assignment too seriously?" Kali says,  turning to Aiden, spotting me by the doorway. "Ah, the girl who Derek Hale admires. Would you be so lovely to tell us where he is?" Kali says. "I'd rather kick your ass." I said as I walked down the stairs. "Careful little beta, you don't even know how to control your shifting. Much more to beat me." She smirks. "She is not the problem." Aiden speaks for Lydia.

"Maybe the problem is where your loyalties lie." Kali says. "Oh, god. Is this about to get really violent?" Lydia whispers to Ethan. "Probably." Ethan responds. 

We were all distracted when glass was shattered above. Signaling that someone broke in. As the moonlight shone on her figure, Jennifer. She's the one sacrificing our parents for the Nemeton. "Oh hello, Colline." Jennifer says. 

 "So who wants to go first?" 

//