v e r g e

--Colline

"Isaac..."

He puts down the box, and gets the ring, holds my hand and slid the ring in. "How, how can you have time to buy a ring after all this chaos?" I ask him, he sits next to me, "I bought it a few weeks back. I know it might be soon, but I can't wait. I wanted to be with you. Even though I keep telling you I can wait. I can't."

"What if I never said that I felt it back?"

"The ring will go to my son, who will give to his dream girl."

Before anyone else could speak, Dad walks in and sees the both of us. "Colline? Why aren't you at school?" He asks. "Free period." I reply. He looks at Isaac, "Um, this is Isaac."

"It's nice to meet you sir." Isaac stands up to shake his hand. Which my dad accepts. I could feel that he was suspicious. Suspicious that we were about to have sex, which we already done.  "I need to talk to you," he looks around, "Where's Scott?" He asks. "School. His free period doesn't start until-"

Stiles barge in, with a girl, must be Meredith, and with Scott. "Now." I say. "What are you doing here?" Stiles asks my Dad. "I could ask you the same thing."

"Free period. We're doing group study." Stiles says nervously. "Who's she?" My dad points to Meredith. "She's my girlfriend. " Stiles puts an arm around her shoulder. "You're not my type." Meredith says. Stiles look at my Dad nervously, "Well, obviously we have a lot to talk about. We should maybe take this upstairs." Stiles started to guide her upstairs. "He's my type."

Meredith points to Isaac. "Okay. Isaac, you can come too." Stiles says as he and Meredith goes upstairs. Isaac looks at me, "Just go." I mouthed to him.  "Hey, Dad, I'll explain all of this later." Scott says as he rushes me upstairs. I enter the room with Isaac, Stiles and Meredith. "I don't care that you're not in school. I know your grades are fine. All I want to do is talk." I could hear my dad and Scott talking.

"Now's really not a good time." Scott says. "Lydia? You mean the red-haired girl." Meredith says. I snap out of listening in with Scott and my dad. "Yes! Yes! Good. Progress. Now, all you got to do is tell us where she is." Stiles says.

Meredith nervously looks around the room, and looks directly at Stiles, "Okay. Okay. If she tells me."

"If she tells you? Can you ask her?"

"I already did."

"Well, What did she say?" I ask her. "She said she doesn't want to be found." I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"She doesn't want to be found."

"That's good too. Okay." Stiles says.

From downstairs, I could hear my father and Scott. "Dad, can't we do this tomorrow?" Isaac had caught me eavesdropping, "You should go, talk to him." I sigh, "Isaac-"

"My last moments with my father was him being murdered by a homicidal lizard teenage boy. Talk won't kill both of you. Now go." Isaac says. I smile at him and kiss him on the cheek, "I love you." 

"I love you too."

"Colline, would you please come down here?" I hear my dad say. Isaac nods at me and I went downstairs. "What is it dad?" I ask, coming down the stairs. Scott looks at me with a worried look. 

"That's actually something I've been want to say for a long time." Dad speaks. "Come here. You see this?" He points to the unnoticeable dent on the ash wood flooring. "This indent in the floor... That was from your head." He looks at Scott. "The night before I moved out your mother and I were fighting."