Chapter 9

The pain was unimaginable. It was nearly as bad as staying with Mark for a couple of days out of the weeks that I was there.

  Niall placed the ice pack gently on my stomach and I held it in place with my cut, right hand. He looked down at it and you could see the anger growing steadily in his eyes. He took the washcloth and gently rubbed away the dried blood from my hand. He moved to my forehead and started to wipe away the blood.

  I stared deep into his eyes as he did the same to me. His large hand cupped my cheek and we stared into each others eyes for what seemed like an eternity. He started to lean in and I subconsciously did too, but something snapped me from my thoughts. He pulled back, regret flooding his face as he coughed awkwardly.

  "Is there, um, any other place that's cut?" I thought over his question for a moment trying to place all of the spots that hurt the most. "On-only bruises." I whispered out, my voice hoarse from screaming for help for the past three hours.

  "You should try to rest now. You're safe here." He smiled genuinely down at me and I weakly half smiled back.

  He leant down again, but I was relieved when he only picked up the extra ice pack. He stood up and took the washcloth away and walked into the kitchen. I closed my eyes over and tried to think of anything, but what happened tonight. I felt a blanket being laid over me and a kiss being placed on my forehead.

  "I love you, darlin'." That was the last thing I heard before falling asleep.

***

  "Mommy!" "No. No. No. Sweetie. Momma isn't feeling well right now. Come on and I'll make you some breakfast." 

  I started to stir at the sound of voices floating through the small apartment. My eyes slowly made their way open and I was blinded by the sudden light change. Blinking several times, I sluggishly sat up and removed the warm blanket from my body.

  I looked down and realized I was no longer in my torn up business clothes, but in an oversized, bright blue sweatshirt with black stars on it and yoga shorts that I left at his house, six years ago! 

  I sat up carefully, wincing as pain surged through my stomach. I groaned and stood up making my way into the kitchen.

  "Morning." My voice had seemed to be less hoarse this morning which was a good sign. "Hi, mommy." I smiled and walked over to her small figure sitting on a stool. I kissed the top of her head causing her to giggle.

  "Whatcha cooking?" "Your favorite." I hummed appreciatively and gingerly sat down on the stool next to Analisa.

  "We should go back home tonight." I directed my attention to Niall as I spoke to watch for his reaction. "Not until after this evening." He spoke using certain words so Analisa wouldn't know exactly what we meant.

  I sighed dramatically. "Can you at least take me to the house to get some clothes? Oh, and speaking of clothes, where did you even find these and how did they get on me?"

  I saw him tense up and he turned around with a smirk plastered across his face. "Not the first time I heard that and it's a secret." He winked causing me to roll my eyes with a small laugh. "That was for-."

  I was cut off by an all too familiar, loud banging on the door. 

~*~

Haha u guys guerss wert!!! I get to work at the vets office now!!!! I work Fridays and Tuesdays so I most likely wont post those days but I will post as much as I can!! does anybody even read these? if so please do me the biggest favor and follow me on twitter obvsniallsqueen pls! I have like hardly any followers at all and it would mean a lot:) LURV y'all!!!!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Peace out babes😘✌