Chapter 8 - Unstoppable

Annabeth was completely still as she glared at the immortal in the cell. "Well," Frank said as he readied his bow, "so much for avoiding him."

Annabeth's eyes focused on Percy. He was kneeling in the middle of the cell with manacles around his wrists and chains pulling his arms to the side. His body was limp and his head rested on his chest. Percy's bare chest was almost completely covered in golden ichor and Annabeth assumed it wasn't Kronos'. At first Annabeth thought he was dead, but then Kronos stood right beside him and placed his hand on his grandson's head. Percy flinched back like he'd been burnt and made a sound halfway between a dog's whine and a whimper of fear.

"Let him go," Annabeth ordered.

"Then maybe we won't kill you," Clarisse added. "We'll only drag you in chains before the council on Olympus and let them decide what to do with you."

Kronos nodded slightly, "A tempting offer, young demigod. I would love to do so, if I could actually get out of this stinking Pit-" the walls and ground rumbled and Kronos rolled his eyes, "oh, knock it off, Tartarus! I did nothing wrong!"

Frank frowned slightly and lowered his bow a fraction to look incredulously at the Titan King. "You've obviously done something," Leo grinned, but then frowned slightly. "Wait, you're-"

"Grounded," a weak voice offered, "by his step-father whom he attempted to overthrow."

The demigods didn't recognise Percy's voice at first; it had been so long since they had last heard him. "Percy," Annabeth murmured and Percy weakly lifted his head off his chest, his dull green eyes staring into hers.

"Hey, Wise Girl," Percy slurred and attempted to give her his famous lopsided grin, but it ended up being more of a grimace.

"A lovely family reunion, isn't it?" Kronos asked in amusement as a corner of his mouth lifted up into a small smirk. Annabeth noted that his voice no longer sounded like a knife scraping across rock, but was deep, rich and filled the corridor all the way to them without him even trying to do so – she assumed it was because he had his own body back.

Thalia raised her bow so the arrow was pointing at his forehead. "Give us Percy."

Kronos raised an eyebrow. "Threatening a Titan usually proves to be very detrimental to one's health, grand-daughter. If you wish to walk out of here and with all limbs attached then I suggest you learn respect."

"We'll see," Clarisse growled as she readied her spear. "We're the strongest demigods of this generation; I'm sure we can take you."

Kronos chuckled, "Then you won't mind if we have an audience?" He asked and summoned his scythe. "I'm certain the Olympians would love to see you defeat me."

"Don't listen to him!" Percy shouted suddenly. "He's-"

"Oh, shut up," Kronos drawled as he flicked his wrist, cutting a gash down Percy's face with his scythe. Percy screamed as the scythe cut at his soul. It wasn't a deep cut, but with Kronos' scythe it didn't need to be deep. The gash went from the left side of his chin to just below his hairline and golden ichor ran down his face, leaving gold trails across his skin.

Annabeth sucked in a breath, "Leave him alone!"

Kronos snorted, "Please, daughter of Athena. I've had him here with me for two hundred and eighty seven years. I think I can do whatever I wish to him," his golden eyes flickered down to look at Percy. "Wouldn't you agree, grand-son?"

Percy didn't answer, his eyes darting around as if trying to find an escape route from his situation. Leo frowned as he studied Kronos, "I was expecting more. You know, the whole I'm-going-to-destroy-Olympus-as-revenge-for-being-cut-into-thousands-of-pieces thing that you had going sort of gave you a reputation that you clearly don't deserve. You look like my dad could easily beat you up."