Chapter 68 - Butting Heads

It was odd, very odd to see Zeus sitting across from Kronos, both glaring at each other and looking like they were about to skewer the other.

Percy snickered, causing eyes to land on him - both Titan, gods and demigod - which made him raise an eyebrow. "Oh, come on, this isn't amusing to you guys? They're like two wolves fighting over their marked territory. Only I know Kronos doesn't piss over Othrys... not sure about Zeus though."

Kronos scowled at him.

"Ah, ah, someone had to break the awkward silence," Percy said. He strolled over, dropping down next to Kronos on the bench. "I guess I've gotta get the ball rolling?" Wordlessly, he moved further away from Kronos when he felt the Titan's hand start to wander. "As I said yesterday, we don't know exactly where he is."

Tartarus stepped forwards, leaning over the table and causing Zeus to lean back slightly as he touched the map illuminated by gold lines. "Here. At least, in this area."

Percy nodded as an area was circled by royal purple energy. Kronos tapped the map in several areas. "These are places where we already have a small scout regiment or strike force."

"Mainly demigods," Percy added, "since we figured demigods would be more eager to face Erebus than their friends." He avoided the stares of his old demigod friends. "But they're ready for orders. We figured that you guys could approach from the east, we'll come from the south and those already up north can get into position from the west."

"The Primordials can stop arguing enough to come from the north," Kronos remarked, pointedly glaring at Tartarus and Eros.

The Primordial of Love grinned and stepped away from his brother. "We'd never argue."

"You always argue," Nyx retorted.

"Like you can talk," Eros sneered back.

"My point has been made," Kronos announced, cutting through their descending argument before it can truly start.

"The upstart's good," Eros said grudgingly.

"Of course he is," Nyx said smugly.

"Hey," Percy cut in, "he's more than good. He's awesome."

"Especially in bed," Nyx added.

Percy nodded. "Yeah, definitely. But - hey! We're not talking about this! You," he swivelled to glare at Kronos, "shut up."

The Titan snorted. "I said nothing."

Percy prodded him. "You were going to," he accused.

Kronos hummed. "Perhaps."

Percy glared at the snickering Titans. "Hey, shut up. It wasn't that funny."

"It's more amusing when you know that if the gods weren't here, you and Nyx would have gone onto discussing the pros and cons of fucking Kronos," Hyperion said, struggling to contain his grin. He failed, epically.

Percy flushed. "Right. That's it." He rose to his feet. "You bastards can do this without me running interference and stopping you from ripping each other's heads off."

Kronos' hand latched onto his wrist, spinning him around before he could leave. Percy yelped as he was tugged into a firm chest and Kronos' lips ghosted over his. "Stay?"

Percy grumbled, but sat back down with a shit-eating grin. "That's cheating."

"All's fair in love and war," Aphrodite chimed in gleefully as various horrified expressions were directed towards Percy.

"I hate that saying," Percy moaned. "It's like the meaning of my life at the moment." He swatted away Kronos' hand. "No. Stay."

"I think I'm gonna puke," Thalia groaned.