Chapter 51 - Lord (Lady) Perseus

"Why is there so much to do?" Percy whined, flinging his hands up.

"That's unbecoming of a Queen, Perseus," Oceanus scolded.

Percy spun to glare at him. "Oh, shut it." Percy tilted his head to the side. "Hey, Oceanus, can I ask you a question?"

The Titan snorted. "Since when did you ask me that?" Percy nodded. "Good point. So, my question. You know firefly threw your dad's balls into your realm?"

Oceanus frowned lightly. "Yes?" he prompted.

Percy grinned, immediately making Oceanus uneasy. "And Aphrodite was born. My question: how did you manage that?"

The Titans around them snickered, and Iapetus flung his arm over Oceanus' shoulder. "It's a mystery to even us, young one."

Percy stuck his tongue out at the oldest Titan. "Can you shut up now, Oceanus?"

Oceanus shook his head. "You're impossible, Jackson."

"Look, I get that you hate me because of him," Percy said, gesturing behind himself to Poseidon. Poseidon and Percy had come to an agreement after Kronos was taken three days ago that if Poseidon didn't irritate any of the Titans then Percy would let him out of his room. "But it's not my fault that he knocked my mom up. Like your sire's the Big Guy Upstairs," the first generation Titans all tensed at the reference to Ouranos, "but it doesn't mean anything."

Poseidon cleared his throat. "Percy-"

"Like the Big Three really don't take after K... Kronos," Percy added.

"That's true," Iapetus murmured.

"Besides," Percy added, "I'm the King. I'm a Titan. Can't we just get along?"

Oceanus scowled, shooting a glare at Poseidon. "Perseus-"

"Hey, where is Ouranos anyway?" Percy asked finally. "I mean, Kronos was tracking his movements, right?"

The Titans froze. "By Chaos," Iapetus muttered.

Percy vapour travelled to their – his – room. He scrambled to find the map that Kronos had been using, and exhaled in relief. The light blue dot – which he knew was Ouranos – was still in Chicago, which meant that Ouranos still didn't have enough energy to relocate, but Percy knew he had his own form. Percy reappeared in the throne room.

"How many of you feel up for Primordial hunting?" he asked, the map in his hand.

"Depends," Koios rumbled. "When do we start?"

Percy grinned. "As soon as everyone who wants to come is ready. Besides, I'm pretty eager to meet Kronos' father after everything I've heard about him."

"Trust me, Percy," Iapetus chuckled, "you won't ever want to meet him again."

Krios suddenly flinched, his eyes widening. "Perseus," he said urgently.

Percy frowned. "What-"

"Kronos," Krios breathed, "I can feel him!"

The Titans were all staring at him, silently prompting him to continue. "They're in Texas."

-

Abiron watched as Kronos grunted behind the gag, trying to shift his position. The ropes strained, but he couldn't move even an inch.

Zoe caught Abiron's eye across the van, behind Kronos' head. She tilted her head to the side slightly. "What do you think?"

Abiron didn't react as he heard his twin's voice in his head. "I feel sorry for him," Abiron replied softly.