Chapter 25 - Forcing Abilities

"Direct interference," Kronos hissed as he paced in front of his throne. "That blasted sea god will pay for his actions."

The Titans were staying clear of their King's reach as he swung his scythe, almost cutting his own throne in half as he eyed Iapetus', obviously debating whether it was worth destroying it. He scowled and spun on his heel, pacing back the other way. Even Iapetus was staying silent and out of Kronos' reach. "We could launch an attack against Atlantis," Oceanus suggested. "Teach him a lesson on why he shouldn't interfere."

"The Ancient Laws," Kronos seethed, completely ignoring Oceanus. "No interference."

"My Lord, Keto could help us," Koios said cautiously. "She has many sea monsters she could call on."

Kronos momentarily paused in his pacing. "Perhaps," he mused, "the other gods that stood by us before should be... informed of our actions. And given the option to join us once more."

"They'll need some insurance that we'll win this war," Koios murmured.

Kronos raised as eyebrow and glanced up at Percy, briefly meeting his eyes before Percy averted his to the side. "I think we have all the insurance we need," he smirked.

Percy shut his eyes, a small tear trickling down the side of his face. It had been two days since Kronos had released the Kraken, and during that time the sea monster had been settling down just offshore of the beach at Camp Half-Blood. The Poseidon had decided he would screw the Ancient Laws and kill the thing before anymore campers were killed. Which had led to Kronos' current tantrum.

"Can't you just revive the Kraken immediately?" Hyperion asked.

Kronos scowled. "The Kraken takes several millennia to reform. It will be a waste of energy which can be put to better use reviving some other creature. One which will not fail me this time." He spun to face Hyperion. "Send out a message to Keto. Tell her that if she can supply us with a sea monster that that damned Sea God won't be able to incinerate outright then I will allow her to have a temple built in her name."

Hyperion bowed his head and retreated from the room, pleased to have an excuse to leave the furious King's presence. Kronos glanced up at his grandson, deliberating whether he should take his anger out on him before he killed someone more important, and then he sighed and turned away. "I do not care which sea monster is sent to terrorise that Camp's beach. Only that it is blessed and that blasted sea god cannot easily defeat it. If it survives any less than three days, then I will punish each and every one of you. Am I understood?" He turned his gleaming eyes onto his four remaining brothers, and all of them nodded. "And Jackson is to be left alone," he said sharply.

"Yes, My King," Koios bowed.

"I have important business with Mae'r Cysgodol," Kronos said evenly over his shoulder as he swept out of the room.

Iapetus' eyes widened. "Mae'r Cysgodol?" He exclaimed. "Are you insane? He'll kill you!"

Kronos ignored him as the doors slammed shut, the sound echoing around the throne room. Oceanus scowled at the shut doors. "Of course," he growled, "leave the work to us."

"Aren't you even a little worried about our brother?" Koios frowned as he settled down into his throne.

Krios snorted. "Why should we?" He demanded, his eyes narrowing. "He wouldn't spare the same consideration for us. Leave him for the Crow I say."

Koios scowled as he crossed his arms over his chest. "What is your problem?" He demanded furiously. "You've done nothing but subtely attempt to undermine our brother's authority since this all started."