Chapter 32 - Secrets

As soon as Kronos let go of Percy once they'd landed he had to shrink himself down and duck to avoid the fist swung at him. Percy swung at him again, his eyes flashing dangerously. Kronos grabbed his fist and twisted it back behind Percy's back, moving it up his spine.

"You lied to me," Percy growled.

"Withheld the truth," Kronos corrected. "Perseus, suspecting and knowing are not the same."

Percy decided to not mention to Kronos that Chiron had said exactly the same thing to Percy once – he knew that the King hated any mention of being similar to his kids. "You could have told me that you were planning to sacrifice me," Percy growled angrily.

Kronos sighed, still stopping Percy from moving. "My Mother's a master of manipulation, Perseus," he murmured. "You'd really take her word over mine?"

Percy faltered. Why was he so trusting of Gaea? He knew what she could do. "Wha – why? Please, just tell me what you're going to do. I'm tired of not knowing what's going to happen."

"I've already told you, Jackson." Kronos scowled, and Percy realised that Kronos hadn't called him that in almost a week. "You're going to become a Titan. Then you'll join us against Olympus."

"And I've told you I won't attack," Percy retorted. "You can't make me."

Kronos snorted. "Perseus," he said, and Percy frowned. Now he was Perseus instead of 'Jackson' again. "You swore to do what I wanted – I can very easily make you do anything." He held Percy there for several moments to let that sink in before letting go.

Percy spun to face him, flexing his shoulder. "Then why don't you?" he demanded. "Why don't you order me to go and destroy Camp Jupiter?"

"For the same reason I don't march on Olympus now. It makes it more interesting to wait. Well, that... and you'd die if you did at the moment," Kronos smirked.

Percy crossed his arms over his chest. "So now we're back to this 'don't die' business?"

"You could get a job as an actor," Kronos mused, effectively changing the subject.

Percy stared at him incredulously. "What the fuck? No way!"

Kronos shrugged. "Suit yourself. Now go, stop bothering me."

Percy scowled. "What about Gaea, huh? If she decides to start messing with my head again?"

Kronos shrugged. "Deal with it yourself. I'm not here to solve your every problem," he remarked as he strode into Othrys.

Percy glared at after him. "You're the one that's keeping me here! Against my will, I might add!"

Kronos just flipped him a one fingered salute. Percy clenched his jaw as he heard Iapetus laughing. "If I didn't know any better I'd say he likes you," the Titan grinned, though Percy could hear a note of seriousness in his voice. "Tell me, Percy, how does he act around you?"

Percy blinked. "Huh?"

Iapetus raised an eyebrow and started leading Percy away from his brothers and Mother who were pretending to talk to each other, but were actually listening in. "I mean," he murmured as he walked into Othrys, "how many times has he threatened to kill you?"

"Several," Percy said. "Why? Isn't that usual for him?"

"That is, yes," Iapetus grimaced, pulling Percy into a little enclave. "But be careful, Percy. Have you noticed how he is around you?"

Percy shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Iapetus frowned as he studied Percy, his silver eyes sharp as he calculated dozens of possibilities. "Try to keep it that way, kid. You don't want to get close to him."