Chapter 60 - Trust

Percy struggled to contain his emotions as his eyes met Kronos'. Kronos had no such problem, the anger which darkened his expression was certainly understandable even from the point of view of the gods. Even more so from Percy's point of view.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Kronos snarled out, crossing his arms as he stood in the middle of his cell.

Percy raised an eyebrow, ignoring the snickers of the gods. "Nice to see you too," he shot back, letting a smirk form on his face. "You know, you really shouldn't have left the Titans alone. They're useless. Really, really useless."

"I'm with Percy here," Poseidon said. "They really are useless."

Kronos' eyes narrowed at them, then flickering towards the gods. "That didn't answer my question."

"Iapetus and Krios helped," Percy said cheerfully, not a lie, but not the whole truth. "Some other little traitors in Othrys did too."

Comprehension dawned in Kronos' eyes, as Percy had hoped. Kronos had heard about Hyperion returning, and Hyperion was – in a way – a traitor, as were Luke and Ethan and the rest of their little group. If Hyperion had helped, then many other beings had too. Kronos would know this was a combined effort to get him back.

"It looks like you will lose," Zeus said smugly.

Kronos' mouth curled up slightly. "Oh, I'm not worrying yet. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve."

Zeus rolled his eyes. "You're stuck here."

"Oh, it's not me that will be doing the tricking," Kronos assured him.

"Shut it, Kronos," Percy said. "No one cares."

"No one," Kronos mused in amusement. "Of course not."

Percy turned to Zeus. "Hey, can I talk to him alone?"

Zeus raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

Percy shrugged. "I know a few curses that I want to give him," Percy said cheerfully. "Anyone in the radius will get effected."

"Poseidon?" Athena asked.

Poseidon shrugged. "If they're in the Old Tongue that might be right."

"Give him really painful ones," Ares suggested.

Percy's smile thinned slightly as he nodded. "Sure."

There was utter silence for almost five minutes after the gods had left, before Percy finally turned to look at Kronos again. "You said you had curses for me," Kronos prompted with a wry smile. "I'm intrigued."

Percy stared at him for several moments, scanning him over for any injuries that were visible, but the other Titan seemed to be – as always – immaculate. Aside from one thing. "Firefly," he said in the Old Tongue, "you reek."

Kronos scowled at him. "I don't exactly have access to a shower, Hero," he growled out, also in the Old Tongue.

Percy snorted. "What, you couldn't have asked?"

"You really think they'd have allowed me one?" the King demands. "Perseus, what in Chaos are you doing here?"

"I'm here to rescue you!" Percy yelled, in the hope that the gods would think he was cursing Kronos. Since they were still speaking in the Old Tongue.

Kronos' eyes narrow at him. "Me? You think I need your help?"

Percy scoffed. "You're stuck in a cell, with lightning between the bars to stop you escaping, and you've almost died several times. Oh yeah," he continued when he saw Kronos open his mouth to argue, "we felt that."