Chapter 66 - Proposition

"I do not appreciate having to wait," Tartarus said, his voice a low growl.

"Too bad," Kronos grumbled. "If I want you to wait, you will. My fortress, my rules."

Tartarus looked like he wanted to continuing arguing, but Nyx nudged him. "Now's not the time, brother."

Tartarus sniffed, but reluctantly nodded, although he shared a look with Kronos – this isn't over – one which Kronos returned with equal ferocity.

It was like two feral dogs sizing each other up, Percy noted. He swatted Kronos. "Stop it."

Kronos sighed. "Fine."

"What will we do about Erebus?" Nyx asked worriedly. "He is overstepping his boundaries."

"As is Ananke," Kronos said.

"What about Gaea?" Percy demanded. "We haven't seen her in a long time."

"She has joined Erebus," Tartarus stated. "She was trying to convince me to assist them. She plans to take everything for herself."

"As usual," Kronos grumbled.

"Kronos," Percy said, "we're gonna have to think about the gods-"

"No."

"Son of a-" Percy cut himself off before he annoyed Kronos too much. "At least think about it!"

"What are you arguing about?" Nyx asked in amusement.

"I think we should join the gods," Percy said. "Then there will be less casualties."

"And a higher chance of me being stabbed in the back!" Kronos exclaimed.

Percy grinned. "I'll have your back," he promised. "We fight next to each other. I wouldn't let them harm you, Firefly."

Nyx cooed. "You've even given him a nickname!"

Percy smothered his laugh with his hand and cleared his throat. "Anyway, Kronos, we can definitely take down the Primordials then. Or, at least, we have a bigger chance. Who knows? If they don't help, I could die."

Kronos paused, eyes flickering over to look at Percy, who merely tilted his head to the side slightly. "Are you trying to manipulate me into agreeing?"

"If I am?"

"I've never been so proud," Kronos smirked.

"You can continue giving each other gooey-eyes later," Nyx muttered. "You're mocking me on purpose, Perseus."

Percy looked at her innocently. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Nyx's eyes narrowed as Kronos tugged Percy closer. "Of course not," she sighed.

"He's mine," Percy grumbled.

"I'm no one's," Kronos protested, though he seems amused at the miniature fight over him.

Percy swatted him. "Mine."

Nyx tutted. "Abusive relationships never go very far."

"Enough," Tartarus rumbled. "Nyx, stop antagonising them. Leave them be."

Percy figured that was as much of an apology Tartarus would give him, so he nodded slightly at the Primordial. "Gods?" he asked, looking to Kronos for the final decision. "I can make sure there aren't any arguments or deaths?" he prompted.

"It may be a good idea," Tartarus said grimly. "They are more prepared than you realise. Attack as you are, and you will be destroyed."

That settled it. Kronos sighed. "Very well, Percy. Go. But if they dare to harm you..." Kronos left the threat unfinished, letting Percy's imagination fill in the blanks.

"Got it."

Percy flashed to just outside the entrance to Camp Half-Blood. Almost instantly, there were shouts of surprise and panic. He rolled his eyes and raised his hands in a mockery of surrender. "I come in peace!" he yelled.

"You left Ares in pieces," a demigod over the barrier retorted.

"Okay, that wasn't me," Percy grumbled. "That was Kronos."

"And you let him into Camp!"

"Yeah, and that night was awesome," Percy said with a wry smile. "But really, I'm not lying, I'm just here to talk." He summoned Tsunami with a flourish and set the silver blade on the ground before him. "See? Now where's Zeus? I want to..." he trailed off upon a gut feeling and turned. He cleared his throat. "Hi?"

Zeus, the master bolt clutched in his hand, narrowed his eyes at Percy. "What are you doing here?"

"What did you do in Poseidon's cabin?" Dionysus demanded. "Do you know how much work it'll take to fix that mess?"

Percy snorted, smothering his laughter. "Well, let's just say that Kronos missed me and leave it at that. As for fixing it, you can just snap your fingers and it'll be done; that's not effort."

"Perseus!" Zeus boomed.

Percy huffed. "What? I'm here to talk! I have a proposition for you, one which Kronos is really hoping you'll refuse."

"Why should we listen to anything you have to say?" Athena demanded.

"Because I can get the gods in Tartarus a ticket out of the Pit," Percy said, utterly serious as he dropped his hands. "And the Primordials – Erebus, Ananke, and we suspect Gaea – will destroy all life on earth. We don't want that. You don't want that." He stretched his arms out. "Let's team up to take down the Primordials, a common enemy sort of thing."

"Then what?" Hades spat. "We go back to slaughtering each other."

"If that's what you want," Percy said.

"And if we were to decide to not team up, and that it is best to kill you now?" Zeus growled.

"Well, Kronos agreed to this, so it sort of leaves the question on who's willing to do the most for humanity," Percy said quietly. "And wouldn't it be a shame if we were to win the competition for the most-worshipped?"

Zeus' eyes narrowed. "Are you trying to manipulate us?"

Percy snorted. "Me? Never," he flashed Zeus a wry smile. "Manipulation goes unnoticed... mostly." He summoned a chair behind him and dropped down into it. "So, are we gonna talk? Or will we duke it out? In case you're actually considering the second option, Kronos was ready and raring to join me here. He's settling for watching and waiting. Any wrong move, he's gonna come over here and kick your asses. After the paces you guys put him through, he's not gonna hesitate. So, uh," Percy flicked a finger at the master bolt still pointed towards him, "why don't you put that away?"

"You've changed," Zeus said finally, the master bolt disappearing. "A lot."

"I've been corrupted," Percy drawled. "Let's not pretend otherwise. Come on, Zeus. Make your decision. Peace or war... well, between us. The Primordials is another matter."

"You're suggesting we help Kronos?" Athena snapped.

"It's either that or watch the Primordials destroy humanity," Percy said simply, spreading his arms out. "Think on it."

He disappeared with a flash, chair and everything, including the silver blade laid on the ground.