Chapter 56 - Light's Return

If Kronos were there, the Titans could have cleaned up the trail of destruction left by their fight, but unfortunately the most they could do was pick themselves off the ground. The explosion caused by Ouranos' death had made what remained of the skyscrapers in the area buckle, several of them falling to the ground with a loud crash and the shattering of glass.

Percy stared around at the chaos, struggling to tell himself that it was necessary to protect the mortals. Though the scale of the destruction they had caused was hard to justify.

"Come on, Percy," Iapetus said urgently. "We have to go. Before the gods get here."

He shook his head, turning away from the destruction. "You think they know what happened?"

"I think they know something happened," Iapetus said. "But not what happened."

"Well, it'll be obvious when they see that," Percy said, gesturing to the body of Ouranos. Lightning still sparked in the sky and on his body, although the thunder clouds were rapidly dispersing.

"Lord Perseus," Perses murmured in greeting as he stopped in front of the two. "What now?"

It took Percy a moment to realise what Perses was saying. "Uh..." his gaze landed on the Titan with his flaming sword still gripped tightly in his hand, standing in amongst the smoking ruins of a skyscraper.

Hyperion's fiery golden eyes met Percy's, causing him to flinch slightly. The older Titan's eyebrows furrowed. "You're the King?" he demanded, his hand tightening around the hilt of his sword.

Percy's eyes flickered down to the other Titan's hand. "Yes. Why? Does that bother you?"

Hyperion stared at him before slowly shaking his head. "So it's true," he stated.

"What's true?" Krios asked as he stopped by Percy.

"That Kronos took him," Hyperion rumbled.

Percy stiffened. "He's never taken me," he said. "But yes, we're together." He looked up at the sky, his eyes narrowing slightly when he saw the streaks of light shooting down to earth. "We should go before the gods get here," he added. "We'll talk back at Othrys, Hyperion."

Several of the Titans started. "Percy..." Iapetus started.

"I know," Percy said. "But I don't care. Hyperion, you're welcome back into Othrys. I think we're gonna need your help over the next few weeks."

The other Titan relaxed slightly and sheathed his sword over his back. "Kronos banished me."

"And I'm the King now," Percy said simply. "When Kronos returns he can take it up with me, but for now what I say goes. Now come on, we'll let the gods clear up," he smiled faintly, muttering, "It's the least they can do for what they've done to Kronos," under his breath. "Though, fair word of warning, Hyperion, I still think you're a fucking prick."

Hyperion let out a short laugh. "Yeah? Well, the feeling's mutual, kid."

Percy grinned. "Oh, good. We have an understanding then."

Hyperion nodded. "Apparently."

Iapetus nudged Percy, uneasily glancing up. "Now, Perseus. We have to leave."

"Easy there, Iapetus, let the King speak," Perses remarked with a slight smirk.

"The King is about to join his predecessor if we don't get a move on," Iapetus snapped back. "And while Kronos may be able to keep his mouth shut about Percy while he's there alone, I don't like their chances if they're there together."