Chapter 21 - Taken

Annabeth had quickly realised what Hyperion was doing. He'd quickly preceded to take his sword from Leo, and then knock him out before retreating to just within the tree line - Annabeth could just see him, and didn't dare to move out of the creek. The fire was still raging, but at a more controlled pace, and she realised that Hyperion wasn't there to attack them. He was there to box them in.

That thought was strengthened when Piper ran into the reasonably large clearing with Jason and Clarisse behind her, and several dozen campers following them. "Annabeth!" Piper exclaimed. "Run!"

Annabeth stopped Piper as she ran by, grabbing her arm. "Don't. Hyperion's here."

Piper's eyes widened. "What? But Koios is following us!"

"Let me guess," Annabeth said dryly. "He took your weapons?" She asked nodding at Jason and Clarisse.

Jason nodded. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure he'd have killed me if Clarisse didn't come along."

"He stole my spear," Clarisse sniffed. "The bastard." She frowned at Leo who was still unconscious. "What happened to him?"

"Hyperion punched him," Annabeth said bluntly, and then raised her voice. "EVERYONE IN THE CREEK! HE CAN'T GET YOU THERE!"

The campers all scrambled to do as she'd said, and Annabeth watched warily as Koios emerged from the trees, the sword that Jason had wielded for the last year in his hand and Clarisse's spear that used to be Lelantos' on his back. He scanned the campers briefly before nodding slightly across the clearing at Hyperion.

Annabeth sucked in a sharp breath. "They're herding us."

"What?" Clarisse asked.

"Hyperion and Koios," Annabeth murmured. "They're keeping us all together. The other two will be coming soon."

As if on a signal, there was the sound of shouting and Nico ran from the trees with a group of campers, completely ignoring the two Titans on the edge of the clearing as he ran straight towards Annabeth. "It's Iapetus," Nico hissed.

"What?" Annabeth demanded.

"He's helping them," Nico growled. "I don't know why, but he is."

"Who can you sense?" Annabeth demanded.

"There are six of them in the forest," Nico murmured. "And only three of them are here."

"Three?" Clarisse demanded. "There were only two."

"Iapetus," Nico said as a way of explanation, and Clarisse nodded.

"Six?" Annabeth asked as the blood drained from her face. She hurriedly scanned the campers. "Where's Percy?"

Nico shook his head. "I don't know."

"Chiron?" Annabeth asked, and Nico's eyes widened.

"Genius!" He exclaimed and hurriedly took a drachma out of his pocket, kicking up some water so it would form a rainbow from the sunlight. "Iris, show me Chiron," he said as he threw the golden coin into the mist. "Chiron," he said hurriedly, "there are-"

"Titans," the centaur finished grimly. "I know. Mr. D is informing the council."

Annabeth relaxed slightly. "Get them to hurry up?" She asked as more shouting drew closer.

Chiron nodded grimly. "I'll try," and Annabeth swept her hand brought the mist, disconnecting the call as the next group of campers exited the trees. They quickly started making their way over, joining their friends in he creek.

"Something's not right," Annabeth murmured as she watched Oceanus appear just in the tree line.

"What do you mean?" Jason asked.