Chapter 19 - Fallen

*time skip – five months*

"Come on, Percy," Darren grumbled, "we're gonna be late for breakfast if you don't get up!"

"Five more minutes," Percy murmured into his pillow.

Darren glared at Percy from across the room. "Hey, isn't the cabin counsellor supposed to be the one getting the cabin up, not the other way around?"

Percy turned his head to glare at his half-brother. "Hey, I've still got a headache. Shut up."

Darren grinned. "It's the gods' revenge for your harsh training sessions."

"Your faults for agreeing," Percy yawned. "Oh gods, it feels so good to have a bed again."

"Yeah, you've been saying that for the past five months," Darren said as he rolled his eyes. "And I don't think Mr. D's gonna be pleased with you if you miss breakfast again."

"Shut up. I have a headache."

Darren frowned. "Still? It hasn't gone away?"

Percy shook his head and rolled over to glare at the ceiling. "It feels like someone's hitting me in the head with a hammer. Actually, I'd prefer the hammer."

Darren rolled his eyes. "Come on, just get up. We'll talk to Chiron and Mr. D about it at breakfast."

Percy grumbled, but stood up and quickly got dressed. He stretched as he strode out the cabin with Darren following him and made his way to the dining pavilion. Demigods greeted the two sons of Poseidon as they went past, and the day was already in full swing.

In the dining pavilion the immortal campers were mostly sitting at the Poseidon table, which had originally annoyed Percy, but now he was used to it. Percy slid into his customary seat at the end of the table with Darren and Annabeth opposite him, and he quickly started on the maple syrup covered pancakes as Annabeth asked his half-brother how he'd been during the night, like she'd been doing for the last five months.

"You're drowning them," Nico complained from beside Percy.

Percy just grinned. "I'm a kid of Poseidon, I can't drown, and neither can my pancakes."

"Okay, sometimes your logic doesn't make any sense to me," Nico frowned.

Percy shrugged and touched the side of his head. "It's my insanity," he smirked.

"Uh, I'm pretty sure your insanity is when you start muttering to yourself," Leo said helpfully.

Percy scowled at him. "No, that happens when you start annoying me. Like now, actually."

Leo rolled his eyes, and Percy grinned. "You all ready for today?"

Jason groaned. "As long as I can still feel my limbs after it."

Percy sighed. "Hey, you all agreed, and at least you can beat me together now."

"Yeah," Clarisse nodded, "but you still pulverise us if it's one-on-one."

Percy snorted as he turned back to his pancakes. "Your point?"

"You're an idiot," Thalia smirked from next to Annabeth.

Percy scowled at her, opening his mouth to speak, but stopping when it felt like someone had swung a warhammer at the side of his head. He flinched and touched the side of his head. "Percy?" Darren asked worriedly, "Are you alright?"

Percy grimaced, prodding the area where it hurt, but it didn't get worse. "Did anyone else feel that?" He asked with slight fear.

"Feel what?" Nico asked.