Chapter 67 - Interruptions

Percy dropped down onto the bench across from Kronos, resting his chin on a fist. "I don't know if they'll accept or not," he said.

"They will," Kronos assured him. "They are nothing if not predictable."

Percy huffed. "Maybe. But they despise you, they're not gonna enter an alliance with us lightly."

"Of course they wouldn't. They'd be fools not to," Kronos mused.

Percy shot him a look of annoyance. "No backstabbing."

Kronos sighed, before spreading his arms over the marble table between them. A map of the world formed from golden lines. "We know that we are facing Erebus and Ananke, and possibly Gaea. Likely Gaea. Eros," his hand fisted tightly, "is assisting Olympus. We have Tartarus and Nyx assisting us."

"Three Primordials against three Primordials."

"Yes. But they have the advantage of us not knowing exactly where they are, and untold of monsters and creations they've cooked up."

"And we have us and maybe Olympus," Percy added. "It'll be tough."

"Erebus... the Primordials can merely reform their creations. And the Fates will undoubtedly flock to their mother's side upon being called," Kronos retorted.

Percy hummed and moved around the table, stopping behind Kronos. "We can do this. We just need the assistance of Olympus... with them it'll be far easier – still difficult, yes, but easier – and maybe we will walk away on two legs." He nuzzled the spot where Kronos' neck met his shoulder. "Maybe we'll live."

"You will," Kronos agreed. "But let's not forget that I am their true target." He turned his head to capture Percy's mouth with his own.

Percy hummed. "I'll die before that happens," he breathed.

Kronos turned so he was straddling the bench, Percy sinking onto it next to him. The King's fingers rested on Percy's hips as they kissed, rubbing small circles. As with the past few days there was a feverish intensity to their intimacy, a pace that had Percy's heart beating wildly in his chest with every touch, every breath and every movement. He scrambled for Kronos' shirt, snatching at the bottom.

Kronos stopped him with a quick movement, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers as he brushed his mouth along Percy's collarbone. "We have eyes watching us."

"That hasn't stopped you before," Percy said as he breathed deeply through his nose.

Kronos chuckled. "This time, it should stop you."

Percy frowned and glanced around the mess hall, his eyes widening when he saw the Iris-Message. "Oh, shit."

"Perseus," Zeus greeted stiffly.

Kronos chuckled quietly as he pulled back. "Zeus."

The gods were in the pavilion at Camp, meaning that every god and demigod had just seen the two Titans making out.

Percy cleared his throat. "Hi."

"Really, Percy?" Poseidon demanded, seeing that everyone else was too shocked and horrified to speak. "You share a room with him. Take that there."

Percy pointedly looked around the mess. "Hey, we're the only two in here. Kronos, move your hand or I'll chop it off."

The King cackled and leant back until he was lying on the bench. "Moving."

Percy grinned and turned back to the Iris-Message. "So your decision?" he prompted.

"We have decided," Zeus said stiffly, "that we will accept your offer."

"Great. So when are you gonna come over?"

"What?" Zeus demanded.

"Wait a minute," Kronos said quickly, "that was never agreed."

"Well it is now," Percy said smugly. "What did you think? That we could just fight together once then go back to slaughtering each other?"

"That was what I hoped," Kronos agreed.

Percy swatted him. "Idiot."

Kronos grumbled and grabbed at Percy, pulling him down and kissing him, before he rose to his feet. "I will ensure my brethren are not killing each other in our absence."

"They're not that bad," Percy protested. At the incredulous look he received from Kronos, he relented. "Fine, maybe they are. But I'm not going to be upset if Prometheus finally gets killed by Hyperion for being a douche."

Kronos' silence is agreement enough.

"So," Percy said once Kronos had left. "How about you come over tomorrow?"

"Why so eager?" Athena asked suspiciously.

"Because we think Erebus and Ananke are going to move soon," Percy admitted. "We've got scouts scattered over the Rockies, but we can't figure out where their base of operations is. Even with Tartarus' help."

"I thought Kronos killed Tartarus?" Zeus demanded.

"So did I, until Tartarus turned up on the Plateau looking like shit and demanding his domain back. Apparently Erebus had been keeping him asleep, trying to keep him out of the way," Percy explained. "Because he knew Tartarus would come here to reclaim his domain, and Kronos would have a chance to convince Tartarus to help. Not that it took much convincing." Percy paused, glancing at one of the many entrances to the mess. "Hey, I see you there, little voyeur."

Leander grinned as he poked his head around the corner. "Is Father here?"

"Nah, Kronos just left."

Zeus' eyes widened. "What?" he asked sharply.

Percy snickered and gestured for Leander to enter. The son of Rhea gleefully trotted towards him, Rhea slipping in behind him. When Leander was able to see through the Iris-Message, Percy spoke up. "Guys, this is Leander. He's a demi-Titan bastard kid of Rhea."

Leander perked up when he saw Poseidon. "Brother!" he crowed.

Poseidon grinned. "Hey, little brother."

"And he calls Kronos father?" Zeus questioned.

Percy shrugged. "It sort of stuck."

Leander hopped up onto the bench next to Percy, staring down at the map on the table. "What's this for?"

Percy hummed. "Planning, Lee."

Leander nodded, not asking what he was planning for. Instead, he cuddled up to Percy's side. "M'tired," he mumbled.

"Has Hyperion been keeping you up again?" Percy sighed. Leander hummed in response, latching onto Percy's arm. Percy glanced back up at the Iris-Message. "Leander was sort of unofficially adopted by me... and Kronos learnt to live with him. He's even gotten fond of the kid, all the Titans have."

Leander grinned. "Where did father go?"

Percy cracked a smile. "Check the coliseum first, little buddy. Try not to piss him off too much."

"No promises," Leander yelled over his shoulder, racing through the mess and vaulting over a few tables that dared to be in his way. Rhea let out a low growl and loped after him.

"Tomorrow then?" Zeus asked finally, staring after Leander with an odd expression on his face.

"Yeah," Percy grinned, "sounds good. We done? If so, I'm gonna go hunt down Kronos."

"Yes, we're done," Zeus agreed.

"Great," Percy mused.

"PDA, Percy," Poseidon called after him. "Keep it down."

Percy cackled. "That's like asking the sea to move further down the beach. It's never gonna happen."

"I can hope," Poseidon sighed.

"No, you really can't," Percy disagreed with a grin.